• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spectreman

Established Member
sorry, double post

79eef269-b1d0-4e8d-b821-53c61ac35cc0

spectreman

Established Member
As I've said before, the S550 gen looks like a Fusion had sex w/a BMW- sorry, not a win for me. I throw up a bit in my mouth whenever I see them.

Having said that, the '18- to my eye- is better looking than the '15-17 models, but that ain't saying much. The last/best looking gen Stangs were the '05-09 S197's. Broad, square shouldered, the way a Stang is supposed to look, not all sleekly lined, like a super model, like the S550 purports to be. It'll be a cold, dark day in Hell before another Stang comes along that even comes close to looking better than my '09 GT500.

Attachments

• GT500 1.JPG
    GT500 1.JPG
    254.3 KB · Views: 114

Never_Enough

Established Member
30k for mustang plus 14k for packge equal 44k. The ZL1s ive been watching are 65k. Those are up to date prices on cars.
$30k for a well equipped 2018 GT? Discounted that much already? I'm not talking stripper model. I don't buy base cars. Even then, I think I'd still rather a used ZL1 (I don't buy new either). I'd drive both to make sure, though.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
$30k for a well equipped 2018 GT? Discounted that much already? I'm not talking stripper model. I don't buy base cars. Even then, I think I'd still rather a used ZL1 (I don't buy new either). I'd drive both to make sure, though.

Let me look. I think the premium cars were 35-38k. The discounts are unreal on them right now.

All i can say about the ZL1 is its fast and reliable. Im not big on the 6 gen cars

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
As I've said before, the S550 gen looks like a Fusion had sex w/a BMW- sorry, not a win for me. I throw up a bit in my mouth whenever I see them.

Having said that, the '18- to my eye- is better looking than the '15-17 models, but that ain't saying much. The last/best looking gen Stangs were the '05-09 S197's. Broad, square shouldered, the way a Stang is supposed to look, not all sleekly lined, like a super model, like the S550 purports to be. It'll be a cold, dark day in Hell before another Stang comes along that even comes close to looking better than my '09 GT500.

It all comes down to personal preference. In my opinion, the 05-09 run was awful in terms of appearance, but got much better between 10-14.

The 15+, based on appearance alone, killed my interest in modern mustangs. I would go buy something older before I would even consider looking at a 15+. If I wanted a new performance car right now it would be a challenger, which to me, is the best looking car out right now in cars of this category.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
13/14 s197 best looking by far.

15+ is meh in my eyes....18 included.

Cant argue with the 15+ coyote though! Tough as nails.... Car modder's dream!

08mojo

Established Member
It all comes down to personal preference. In my opinion, the 05-09 run was awful in terms of appearance, but got much better between 10-14.

The 15+, based on appearance alone, killed my interest in modern mustangs. I would go buy something older before I would even consider looking at a 15+. If I wanted a new performance car right now it would be a challenger, which to me, is the best looking car out right now in cars of this category.

It's funny how polarizing this topic is. I happen to like the s550 platform all across the board: from looks to implementation. I want a car that can do it all, which is why I strayed from Mustangs to euro-trash for a while. The problem with the euro cars: they have no torque, not just a lack of torque, but none (speaking to the e46 M3, which is what I had at the time). However, the chassis the euro-cars offered was way ahead of the mustangs of the time. The late s197 chassis started to close the gap down substantially, but the s550 made them equals (at least to me, and what I saw during a track day at road atlanta).

I know the muscle car scene is dominated by drag racers, but the mustang is a pony-car--so I am glad to see it gain some prowess to the road racing world.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I love the Royal Crimson on the new ones. Give me one of those in that color or Race Red, or whatever they are calling bright red these days, and the PP2 rims.

I still have to say my all ltime favorite Mustangs are the 03/04 Cobras and 94/95 Cobras (love the "crab claw" spoiler on those).

Mpoitrast87

Established Member

05-09's are just as ugly as s550's to me. The only saving grace for the 05-09's was the GT500. they absolutely nailed the looks of the front end. And IMO one of the best looking mustangs is the Super Snake of that era.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
The 15+, based on appearance alone, killed my interest in modern mustangs. I would go buy something older before I would even consider looking at a 15+. ...

Same here. If it wasn't for the GT350/GT350R, an S550 Mustang wouldn't have even been on my radar. We'd still have the S4.

XtraTQ

Established Member
Wasn’t a fan when I saw the initial pics, but now that I’ve seen a couple in person, I think they look decent.

Users who are viewing this thread