2018 Raptor will not start

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
Got the truck back. Service rep said it started right up. Wouldn't and couldn't work on it because it's modified and supposedly has a tune on it. It's working for now but screwed next time it happens.

The mods were on the truck when I got it and it was supposed to be a ford certified vehicle which is apparently impossible because it has mods and a tune. The technician hooked up the pids unit and said the computer was unreadable. That's why it has to have a tune on it.

I run 87 just because of the cost of gas right now and it would be obvious if it was tuned to something else. Anyway, back to fixing the ****ing sunroof.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Got the truck back. Service rep said it started right up. Wouldn't and couldn't work on it because it's modified and supposedly has a tune on it. It's working for now but screwed next time it happens.

The mods were on the truck when I got it and it was supposed to be a ford certified vehicle which is apparently impossible because it has mods and a tune. The technician hooked up the pids unit and said the computer was unreadable. That's why it has to have a tune on it.

I run 87 just because of the cost of gas right now and it would be obvious if it was tuned to something else. Anyway, back to fixing the ****ing sunroof.
Sounds like it’s time to go frame cut, FMIC, and tune it then. What’s ****ed about your sunroof. Mine is being a piece of shit too. Won’t open, just makes noise acts like it wants to open then stops.

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
Already got the FMIC, intake, TB spacer, turbo adapters, downpipes, and catback. They were all on the truck when I bought it.

Sunroof had broken guide tracks. I replaced them put it back together and went to test it and the driver side assembly didn't move. I couldn't get it stopped and it busted the plastic drip tray that goes under where the two windows meet. Stupid tray is $300.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Sucks about the sunroof. Without a tune it would probably run like shit with all that. I’d be looking at trying to get a new tune, so you know what it is at least.

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
I've relubed the guide tracks I just haven't had time to mess with them.

I've been following Goosetuned for a while, seems he's kind of the go to guy for raptors. Well see. I still have to figure out what happened in the first place though.

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
I was finally able to get the truck to a local mechanics shop that I use for state inspections while still not starting. That was the hardest part really so they could troubleshoot. 4 days of troubleshooting later they told me it was the smart junction box (fuse box) in the engine bay. Power was getting to the box but wasn't getting past that point. That's what was causing the communication faults making it look like a pcm problem.

I've had it back for about a month now and no issues whatsoever. Finally some closure after a year and a half of trying.

Users who are viewing this thread