2018 Mustang "ZR1 KLLR"

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
holy crap what happened to the whipple? how hard did you push it? damn and for the 2nd time!! You must have been spinning it super freaking hard

JJackson515

Established Member
The first time, It locked up on initial start up. The second it was on the dyno fixing to make more power. it was making 28lbs

whip 2.jpg

whip 1.jpg

JJackson515

Established Member
Wow you're not kidding. That thing ate itself.. Did whipple help you out?

yes. they warrantied it out both times. the first time it took a few weeks, the second time I had someone known within car community that had a wide reach help me out. Dustin whipple contacted me the same night and got it taken care of a lot quicker. The service the second time around was worlds better. At the end of the day, I wasnt going to go for a 3rd time with it as we just got done making a deal with Armageddon turbo systems to do R&D on their kit and do their tuning.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
yes. they warrantied it out both times. the first time it took a few weeks, the second time I had someone known with the car community that had a wide reach help me out. Dustin whipple contacted me the same night and got it taken care of a lot quicker. The service the second time around was worlds better. At the end of the day, I wasnt going to go for a 3rd time with it as we just got done making a deal with Armageddon turbo systems to do R&D on their kit and do their tuning.
Gotcha well atleast they took care of you man. You're going to make more power with the turbo's anyhow

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
did they say how something like that happens twice? now I'm nervous to even beat on mine.

JJackson515

Established Member
did they say how something like that happens twice? now I'm nervous to even beat on mine.

They did not. I dont want to throw shade as they took care of me. With inspecting it both times before I sent it off it looks like the thrust washers/bearings shifted in the front causing the rotors to run into each other.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The was great customer service. Kudos to Whipple. Your new setup is a great one, and hopefully will thrill you and provide a safe(r) path forward for your KILR Mustang. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread