2018 intake manifold on 14 s197

ChiefGod

So I went ahead and did the full 18 intake Manifold swap on my 14 5.0 with just a buddy and I. It overall only took us 2 hours to do and we got everything routed correctly! Thanks to VMP for the easy install video!

So I put the tune that I had purchased through Palm Beach dyno and went through the entire data logging process.

After 4 revisions I had the final Tune for my car which had just a basic Steeda CAI (tune required) h - pipe and the 18 manifold.

The first drive through I experienced major gains (felt through the butt dyno lol) after going over 5500 rpm. I’m maxing out power (according to PBD) at around 7500 - 7700. Overall the drivability is phenomenal and the car is running great. The gains are insanely noticeable when going into the higher rpms (6900 - 7500). The only issue is that my clutch is not coming back to full rest whenever I rev past 7000 meaning I get locked out from shifting (I know this is a clutch problem and it needs to be replaced) but in the mean time, does anyone know what I could do to remedy this issue. I’m being restricted from using the full capabilities of the intake due to my clutch locking me out.

Other than the clutch issue, I’d say that the 18 intake manifold is an absolute steal in regards to power and bang for your buck. At this point I’d say if you’re not getting the CJ manifold, then 18 is the hard runner up. It out performs the boss manifold and is similar to the gt350 manifold at a third of the cost! Lmk if y’all have questions and or advice for my clutch situation!

Thanks and take care!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Make sure you have plenty of fresh brake fluid. Maybe adding the upgraded clutch hydraulic line. Before making high rev driving pump the clutch alot.

Other than that the clutch itself is holding you back

GN_Mike

Did you do anything else to the engine to help support the higher speeds? Or is everything else in the engine stock?

Exhaust also stock?

I’m a little surprised if the stock valvetrain and other components support a 7500+ RPM peak power speed with just an intake manifold change.

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChiefGod

Did you do anything else to the engine to help support the higher speeds? Or is everything else in the engine stock?

Exhaust also stock?

I’m a little surprised if the stock valvetrain and other components support a 7500+ RPM peak power speed with just an intake manifold change.

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So when the time comes, I’ll be replacing the clutch as well as will be adding a high rpm pulse ring just so I can rev that high. As long as I’m not revving to 8k, everything is good to go according to a lot of tuners and others who have done the swap. My shift are going to happen at around 7500!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

StephenL

Established Member
So I went ahead and did the full 18 intake Manifold swap on my 14 5.0 with just a buddy and I. It overall only took us 2 hours to do and we got everything routed correctly! Thanks to VMP for the easy install video!

So I put the tune that I had purchased through Palm Beach dyno and went through the entire data logging process.

After 4 revisions I had the final Tune for my car which had just a basic Steeda CAI (tune required) h - pipe and the 18 manifold.

The first drive through I experienced major gains (felt through the butt dyno lol) after going over 5500 rpm. I’m maxing out power (according to PBD) at around 7500 - 7700. Overall the drivability is phenomenal and the car is running great. The gains are insanely noticeable when going into the higher rpms (6900 - 7500). The only issue is that my clutch is not coming back to full rest whenever I rev past 7000 meaning I get locked out from shifting (I know this is a clutch problem and it needs to be replaced) but in the mean time, does anyone know what I could do to remedy this issue. I’m being restricted from using the full capabilities of the intake due to my clutch locking me out.

Other than the clutch issue, I’d say that the 18 intake manifold is an absolute steal in regards to power and bang for your buck. At this point I’d say if you’re not getting the CJ manifold, then 18 is the hard runner up. It out performs the boss manifold and is similar to the gt350 manifold at a third of the cost! Lmk if y’all have questions and or advice for my clutch situation!

Thanks and take care!

Whats up man, I would say for your clutch issue, a Mcleod clutch line will help for sure. If you'd like to go over what kind of options we have available for you, hit me up over at Lethalperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread