2018 F150 compass not working

Coiled03

Established Member
I noticed this morning the in-dash compass on my 2018 F150 isn't working. No matter what direction I'm headed, it says "W". I can't find a reset procedure, anywhere. I think the reason is because it's getting data from the GPS unit, then passing that to the dash display.

Is there any way to reset it, or do I need to take it in?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I noticed this morning the in-dash compass on my 2018 F150 isn't working. No matter what direction I'm headed, it says "W". I can't find a reset procedure, anywhere. I think the reason is because it's getting data from the GPS unit, then passing that to the dash display.

Is there any way to reset it, or do I need to take it in?
Try YouTube. I have used numerous help videos on there. If not owners manual. If that fails should be under warranty take it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
Try YouTube. I have numerous help videos on there. If not owners manual. If that fails should be under warranty take it in.

I mean, if you have a video that would help, you could just post the link here instead of making me search for it. But thanks, I guess?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I mean, if you have a video that would help, you could just post the link here instead of making me search for it. But thanks, I guess?

I don’t have a video or I would’ve posted it. I’ve found useful helpful automotive tips by searching YouTube. I don’t have a compass issue so I haven’t searched for that.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I edited my post which was confusing I’ve used numerous help videos people have posted. I don’t have a YouTube channel for myself.

Coiled03

Established Member
For the record, I did absolutely nothing, and when I got in the truck this afternoon, the compass started working again after about 20 seconds.

This truck is driving me nuts with shit that stops and starts working for no apparent reason. Last week it was one of the BMS sensors stuck on a solid tone.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
For the record, I did absolutely nothing, and when I got in the truck this afternoon, the compass started working again after about 20 seconds.

This truck is driving me nuts with shit that stops and starts working for no apparent reason. Last week it was one of the BMS sensors stuck on a solid tone.
Do you live in cold weather?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
My BMS are you referring to back up motion sensors? If so mine do this from time to time. Mostly when it rains then water freezes.

Coiled03

Established Member
Do you live in cold weather?

Yeah, you could say that. I live in IL.

My BMS are you referring to back up motion sensors? If so mine do this from time to time. Mostly when it rains then water freezes.

Yes, the back up motion sensors. I'm pretty sure it froze, like you're talking about. It was a day or two after I went through an automatic car wash to knock the salt off. Probably got some water in there, and it froze.

Zemedici

Established Member
Yeah, you could say that. I live in IL.

Yes, the back up motion sensors. I'm pretty sure it froze, like you're talking about. It was a day or two after I went through an automatic car wash to knock the salt off. Probably got some water in there, and it froze.

My BMS and BLIS sensors will act up in heavy rain, turning the vehicle off and back on usually fixes it though. Just nature of the beast i guess

Users who are viewing this thread