2018 Can't End Soon Enough

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
So Sunday morning I leave early to deliver a mower to Massachusetts that I had sold for my uncle. Well I'm getting in my truck to head back home my 11 year old daughter calls me and tells me she had to call nine-one-one cuz there's a problem with my wife. She was very dizzy vomiting but didn't lose consciousness and couldn't stand up straight.

She went to the ER and had a CAT scan and it was determined she had a 3 centimeter tear or dissection in one of the main arteries going to her brain so she was admitted to Albany Medical Center that same day.

Her MRI showed that she had a stroke in her cerebellum. It's why she's having so much dizziness and nausea and balance issues. We're waiting to hear from the attending physician for next steps. This year sucks and has gotten nothing but worse. At least she's alive and aware but this is unbelievable; she's only 39.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
So Sunday morning I leave early to deliver a mower to Massachusetts that I had sold for my uncle. Well I'm getting in my truck to head back home my 11 year old daughter calls me and tells me she had to call nine-one-one cuz there's a problem with my wife. She was very dizzy vomiting but didn't lose consciousness and couldn't stand up straight.

She went to the ER and had a CAT scan and it was determined she had a 3 centimeter tear or dissection in one of the main arteries going to her brain so she was admitted to Albany Medical Center that same day.

Her MRI showed that she had a stroke in her cerebellum. It's why she's having so much dizziness and nausea and balance issues. We're waiting to hear from the attending physician for next steps. This year sucks and has gotten nothing but worse. At least she's alive and aware but this is unbelievable; she's only 39.

damn man, sorry to hear that. Hopefully they can get her feeling better quickly

_Snake_

Established Member

Damn man. I'm so sorry to hear this. Please keep us posted and know you, your wife, and your family will be in our prayers.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
They said it was moderate affecting a relatively large part of her cerebellum which relates to her balance, some coordination, and affects the nauseous feeling that she's been having. The results have been akin to constant vertigo. Thank God she doesn't have any slurred speech, facial paralysis, or physical impediment at this point. But she's not out of the woods yet.

Dude, that's crazy! Im glad they figured out whats wrong. Was it a full stroke or partial (if that's a thing)?

Last edited:

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member

Your wife, you, and your family are in my prayers. If you need to talk, shoot me a PM.

I talk with a lot of the guys on the board that are going through a large variety of situations in life.

...and like you, 2018 has sucked for me also. I can agree with you on that all day.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Fingers crossed. Modern medicine makes things a hell of a lot more survivable than even 20 years ago. Great job on the little one calling 911. Kinda sad she had to do it but she may well have saved mom's life.

evil clown assault

ssssnake

Established Member
So sorry to hear this. I know a few people that have had strokes in their 30s. Thankfully, it was tended to quickly. Your little girl is someone to be proud of. Is the dizziness something that will get better, or will this be with a new normal for her? I deal with imbalance, so it's always something to be aware of. I pray that the doctors can do their best for her, and she will also be in my prayers.

Users who are viewing this thread