2018/19 10R80 Aluminum Driveshaft Issues

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
So I have had a DSS 1 piece aluminum DS and a GForce 1 piece aluminum DS in my 2018 mustang 10r80 gt......both i had to pull out of my car because both vibrated....anyone have one in a 2018/19 10r80 Mustang GT that is smooth as butter? let me know, im thinking of trying the carbon fiber QA1 DS next but all this is costing me a small fortune....so far ive paid for 2 driveshafts, paid to have it installed and removed and stock reinstalled twice....I need one as i track my car and dont feel a stock one is going to hold up in an 800rwhp car with a PD blower in it....

debit_free_2010

Established Member
Bit late but I have the G-Force D/S on my 18' A10 PP1 package and it's smooth out to 170mph.

One thing about D/S vibration I learned from my old 3v was to make sure you have the correct wheel base so the slip joint is properly aligned. I had to install adjustable control arms to move the rear further back to correct the geometry, once I did that, no more vibration.

Since the S550 rear is pretty much set with some variance from the factory , you'd need to measure the distance between the tranny flange and diff to ensure the driveshaft is the right length for any particular vehicle..

C0y0teonC0rn

QA1 can send you a SFI approved one and I would recommend them based on my past experience. DSS are known to vibrate at times and have glued on counterweights, not a fan.

Users who are viewing this thread