EditorTurner

Established Member
0-2017-Shelby-GTE-Featured1.jpg

E is for Everyone
Shelby American unveils a new Mustang at the MCA 40th show in Indy
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Shelby American

Today at the Mustang Club of America’s 40th Anniversary show in Indianapolis, Indiana, Shelby American unveiled an affordable new option to its lineup. Available based on either the EcoBoost Mustang or Mustang GT, the 2017 Shelby GTE four-cylinder pumps out 335 horsepower, while the V-8 version produces 456 horsepower.

“From the Ferrari-beating Shelby Cobra to the 1965 Shelby G.T.350, Shelby American has always delivered world-class performance at a great value for everyone, not just the one percenters,” Joe Conway, Co-CEO of Carroll Shelby International and CEO of Shelby American, said. “Our newest cars are cast from that same mold, delivering affordable excitement for everyone. When the public begged for a version of the Ford Shelby GT-H rental car that they could own, we applied the winning formula from the Hertz program to the Mustang. Working with our friends at Ford Performance, we created an affordable car that delivers full-throttle excitement and remarkable styling.”

So the new GTE is essentially a version of the new Shelby GT-H that you can actually by without waiting for a well-worn rental car to hit the auction block. And, unlike the rent-a-racer, you can option the GTE in coupe or convertible and with an automatic or manual transmission.

“Every high-octane attribute expected of a Shelby car is incorporated into an affordable package that will be available at any of our North American mod shops,” Keith Belair, COO of Shelby American, said. “The Shelby GTE gives every fan the opportunity to drive the sports car of their dreams.”

As we said, the GTE is available with either a Coyote 5.0 or an EcoBoost 2.3 tuned up for improved performance with a new calibration, a cat-back exhaust and more. On the outside it is adorned with plenty of GTE badging and some carbon-fiber accents.

“The Shelby GTE can be easily tailored for the road or the track, or even both” Shelby American Vice President Gary Patterson said. “And with our full range of Shelby performance parts, the possibilities are endless. If you can dream it, we can build it.”

If you are interested in the 2017 Shelby GTE, you can configure your model on the Shelby website right here.

[video=youtube;tNNQ-RcYjiA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNNQ-RcYjiA[/video]

1-2017-Shelby-GTE.jpg

Want to buy a version of the Shelby GT-H rental car in either body style or transmission configuration? The new 2017 Shelby GTE is for you.

2-2017-Shelby-GTE.jpg

If 456 Horsepower and 424 lb-ft at the flywheel isn’t enough you can opt for a Ford Performance TVS supercharger and its companion calibration.

3-2-2017-Shelby-GTE.jpg

Everyone will know you have a GTE thanks to a plenty of logos and a few carbon-fiber accents.

4-2-2017-Shelby-GTE.jpg

The familiar Shelby grilles, GTE badging and a Ford Performance splitter set the latest Shelby apart from other S550s.

5-2-2017-Shelby-GTE.jpg

You can also order a 2017 Shelby GTE based on the EcoBoost platform.

6-2-2017-Shelby-GTE.jpg

The 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine in the Shelby GTE is tuned up to 335 horsepower and 390 lb-ft of torque.

The Mod List
• Ford Performance Handling Pack
• Ford Performance cat-back exhaust
• Ford Performance Power Pack: (V8 only): 456 Horsepower and 424 lb-ft of torque
• 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine tune: 335 Horsepower and 390 lb-ft of torque

Tires/Wheels
• Shelby spec performance tires
• Ford Performance wheels (19x9 front and 19x5 rear)

Exterior
• Shelby GTE hood & vents
• Shelby GTE upper and lower grilles
• Shelby GTE rocker panels with carbon fiber accent plates
• Shelby GTE rear spoiler
• Shelby GTE striping and badging
• Ford Performance front splitter