2017 GT350 for the wife

HiTechRedneck

Established Member
Since my wife has had many Mustangs including her 17 GT (6 speed manual & Recaro seats) she has now as well as an 09 and a 12 GT500 she has the wants BAD for another Shelby. Mind you, she is 67 years old! I'm looking at pulling the trigger on a 17 GT350 for her at the dealership where my son is the finance manager. It has only 4K miles on it so I doubt it was someone's DD but we will pull Carfax as well as an Oasis report before we make a deal. I know about some having oil consumption issues so I will look for motor issues however if it has been replaced it's not a deal breaker for me. Mainly want to make sure those 4K miles were not where someone ran the pi$$ out of it on the track. I've been building motors and race cars since I was 15 (I'm 71 now) so needing some work is not a big deal. She will put very few miles on it since we're both retired now, less than 5K per year. Anything special beyond oil consumption that we should look for?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Since your son is the finance manager at the dealership selling this GT-350, he should be able to ensure it gets more than the regular examination. Keep us posted.

HiTechRedneck

Established Member
No worries on that! Having been an engine builder in my younger years and a mechanic most of my life it will be gone over thoroughly! Up on the rack now waiting for inspection Monday. My son spoke with the owner who traded it for a built Vette and he promised he babied it! (LOL!!!) We shall see. It does not have leather seats which he explained because of Texas heat. It came from Bonham TX. No BLIS but she does not have that now on her GT - no real biggie. The deal breaker for her may be the seats because her GT500 and the 17 GT had Recaro which she loves.

HiTechRedneck

Established Member
Well today we will see if she gets the GT350. Oasis being pulled and the Carfax to see how many owners on the 17 with 4,011 miles. Interested to see how it will compare to her GT500 PP we bought new. In back is my 600 HP built Harley truck.

Attachments

• Both1.jpg
    Both1.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 123

whipple1raptor

Established Member
I had a 17 GT350, bought brand new and put about 5k on it before I traded it in. Had 0 issues with that car. It’s a blast to drive.
You’ll have an increasingly good looking stable of Ford products. Good luck to you and the wife.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread