2017+ GT350...are prices starting to move downward

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
I'm keeping an eye on the market for these cars as I have an interest and the ability to purchase one if the deal is right (in my mind). The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported in their January 2021 Consumer Prices Index that the cost of a used car was 10% higher in January 2021 compared to January 2020. But are we turning the corner and going into a buyer's market?

Asking prices for these cars are INSANE (and for other used cars too). However, I found a couple of gems today that have me hoping that the market is turning for buyers. I won't post links and I'm not going to post this thread in the Market section out of respect for members who are trying to sell their cars, but I found the following:

1. 2017 Race Red GT350 at Courtesy Ford in Conyers, GA for $49,990. It has a whopping 29 (twenty nine) miles on it. A car with 29 miles under $50K! It has the electronics package.

2. 2018 White w/blue stripes GT350 through Vroom for $49,980. It is a one owner car with 9,980 miles on it. Looks like it has navi and Recaros.

Both cars have clean carfaxes. I swear car #1 would be a $59,999 car for most sellers and #2 would be at least a $55K car. But these dealers have them priced to sell (I think?).

It will be interesting to see where prices go on these cars. The only reason I'm not interested in either car is that in my state (NV) we are not charged sales tax on private party sales...INSANE, I know, but on a $50K car I'm saving 8.75% of the sales price ($4400) by buying from an individual. While the $4400 is not an issue, I just can't stomach spending almost $5k for a car when I can practice patience and save a huge chunk of money by buying private party.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm seeing the opposite. They're trending up.

Sent from my Potato

Carbide

Established Member
congratulations !

details on the purchase ?

the red with white stripes looks good
Recaros. Handling pkg. Technology pkg. Carbon Fiber instrument panel.
It has been in transit for about 6 weeks at this dealer.
I had been shopping for a GT500. This dealer has a very nice 2014 example with only 10,000 miles but they wanted a lot for it, and it didn't have the SVT track package, the Recaros, or the upgraded Shaker.
This 2020 GT350 was right next to it on the floor and took away my attention from the GT500.
So....

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Why do you think this is happening? Is it because of ongoing demand for the manual trans?

A lot of factors.

The manual is probably a reason for some. But, historically sports car prices increase the closer you get to spring/summer, every year.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
A lot of factors.

The manual is probably a reason for some. But, historically sports car prices increase the closer you get to spring/summer, every year.

All correct. Winter typically has lower prices on sports cars.

Users who are viewing this thread