2017 GT w/ROUSH Stage 2 lays down at WOT

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
I purchased a 2017 GT that has a ROUSH stage 2 SC kit on it. Like - I literally purchased it today and drove it 250 miles home.

I have yet to contact the seller but I wanted to post here to see if anyone has any suggestions on what may be going on. I bought the car "as is" so this is a problem I'm going to have to resolve.

Despite having what I assume is a good tune, I'm having a major issue with it. When cruising at part throttle and mashing the accelerator nothing happens - the engine bogs. The best way I can describe it is that the behavior feels just like the traction control has kicked in. Like all the power is being pulled from the engine.

If I "milk" the pedal with a few pumps the car will finally respond after an additional "bog" or two, and then it's like a wild beast - but the behavior is absolutely not normal. I went to pass tonight and nearly shit my pants when the car did nothing.....

The engine is very low miles - 3,900

The car has an nGage and was tuned by Lund Racing (I have not contacted them yet)

I do not know if the tune was simply purchased based on spec, or if there was any actual dyno work to dial it it. I am inclined to believe it's a canned tune and the car was never on a dyno.

Other than this issue the car is running absolutely great. Idles rock-steady at about 850, so far averaging about 23 mpg. Temps totally normal. Based on my short cruising time and the deposits on the tailpipes I'd say the car is likely running a tad rich - but purely a guess as I've not had it on dyno / a/f monitor....

What I have been told is in the car:

ROUSH 2.3L SUPERCHARGER
80MM PULLEY
NGK 6510S GAPPED .028 SPARK PLUGS
IAT2 HARNESS
BAP
FUEL PUMP CONTROLLER
ID1050X INJECTORS
PMAS VELOCITY COLD AIR INTAKE
BORLA FORD RACING AXLE BACK EXHAUST

That's it - just throwing this info out there if anyone has seen this behavior before.

Cheers

MG0h3

Established Member
First thing I'd do is contact the seller. Check that, first I'd get under the hood and do a visual. If there is no CEL light, I'd assume its the tune. Takes a little bit for an 02 to set rich/lean VS something like a failing TPS.

Was the car on E85 or tuned for it?

Everyone is gonna come in and say never assume the tune is good; unless you have some sort of documentation like a recent dyno run with AFR.

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
Yeah - I'm waiting on a call.

No CEL (which I guess is some good news?) To my knowledge the tune is strictly for "standard" pump gas.

Sounds like Lund provided a canned tune based on specs and it was never really fully massaged. If it's that simple I'll consider myself lucky.

Thanks

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
LOmfL - heard back from Lund. The guy never even did the initial datalogging to start to complete the tune. I'm on a baseline that is 5k rev limited.

Thank god I only really got into the throttle once - I could have trashed this engine.

Mystery solved.

Users who are viewing this thread