2017 Ford GT Competition Series

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
The Ford GT Competition Series is the lightest, highest performing version of the Ford GT road car and the closest one can get to experiencing the car that won the 2016 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Unique Exterior Highlights:

· Standard Lightweight Gloss Carbon Fiber Wheels with Titanium Lug Nuts

· Standard Titanium Exhaust System with Unique Titanium Tips

· Unique Lightweight, Race Inspired Engine Hatch with Perspex® Cover and Manual Latch

· Bulkhead Fitted with Lightweight Gorilla® Glass

· Unique Exposed Gloss Carbon Fiber Stripe

· Exposed Gloss Carbon Fiber Lowers, Mirror Caps and A-Pillars

· Available in Shadow Black, Frozen White, Ingot Silver, Liquid Blue, Liquid Grey and Triple Yellow

Unique Interior Highlights:

· Lightweight Ebony Black Alcantara Seats, IP and Headliner

· Exposed Carbon Fiber Console, Air Registers and Door Sills

· Anodized Red Paddle Shifters, Anodized Red Instrument Panel Chassis Badge, and Red Pedal Adjustment & Emergency Door Release Pull Straps

· Matte Dark Stainless Bezels, Finishers and Seat X-Brace

· Unique Instrument Panel Plate and Steering Wheel Bezel

· Incremental Weight Saving Actions Including Deleted A/C and Radio Hardware

1.jpg

2.jpg

Copy and paste from Ford's website.

Apparently Ford was holding back a little bit. I am bummed that it doesn't appear to come in the Heritage color scheme. Well I guess I won't buy one now, lol.

No word on weight or if there is a HP bump or anything.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Looks like it takes 117lbs off the car. Making full tank wet weight at 3100-3150lbs about the same as the c6z06, but with much more power.

It will still weigh 100-150lbs more than the 675LT.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I really like those rims on that car.

On a side note, has any of the new Ford GT buyers stuffed in a supercharged V8 into their car yet? I'm thinking it's only a matter of time before a die hard V8'er will do this. I wouldn't personally but that would be my best guess.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
That's a good bit of weight off vs the standard weight, that being said, you're paying half a million dollars for a car that doesn't even have AC or a radio??

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I really like those rims on that car.

On a side note, has any of the new Ford GT buyers stuffed in a supercharged V8 into their car yet? I'm thinking it's only a matter of time before a die hard V8'er will do this. I wouldn't personally but that would be my best guess.

It wouldn't fit.
And the old 05/06 GT many took off the blower to put on Twin Turbo.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
It wouldn't fit.
And the old 05/06 GT many took off the blower to put on Twin Turbo.

I was thinking in the back of my mind space might be a problem. I haven't even really seen pictures of the engine on that car now that I think about it.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
I was thinking in the back of my mind space might be a problem. I haven't even really seen pictures of the engine on that car now that I think about it.
The car was designed around the 3.5EB. There won't be room for a Coyote or old Mod motor. Die-hard V8 guy or not, owners won't be engine swapping these cars.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
LS1 swap.

I did some poking around on the FGT forum yesterday and I saw a member mention that a lot of the bolts and stuff were swapped out to titanium on this car. That reminds me of the Huayra, I guess all the bolts in that are titanium and alone they cost $100,000.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
The car was designed around the 3.5EB. There won't be room for a Coyote or old Mod motor. Die-hard V8 guy or not, owners won't be engine swapping these cars.

Which makes one wonder if that engine bay was purposefully made small for that very reason.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member

I almost made mention of that in my previous post but decided to leave it out. Could have been an after thought though. I figured there was a practical component to it though, or certainly something that could be practically attributed to it at least. I'm a thinker.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Looks like it takes 117lbs off the car. Making full tank wet weight at 3100-3150lbs about the same as the c6z06, but with much more power.

It will still weigh 100-150lbs more than the 675LT.

The Standard Ford GT put down quicker numbers than the 675LT at Calabogie Motorsports Park so this should shave off a little more time.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I almost made mention of that in my previous post but decided to leave it out. Could have been an after thought though. I figured there was a practical component to it though, or certainly something that could be practically attributed to it at least. I'm a thinker.
DBK mentioned they spoke about engine options but the 3.5 became the clear option pretty quickly, considering it could make the power of their V8s without issue and had a slight advantage in the rule book when it came to sub 4L turbo engines.

The reason it tucks so close to the engine is for aero, the announcers talked about the car when it first debuted and how it was basically the cutting edge of the rule book. It's performance has proved that, even with weight tacked on and power removed.

Users who are viewing this thread