EditorTurner

Established Member
0-2017-F-150-Raptor-Video-Part-1-Featured.jpg

Agility & Capability
Ford Performance launched a video series showcasing the Raptor’s abilities
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Ford Motor Company

We know that the forthcoming F-150 Raptor is projected to be more powerful and more capable than the last-generation version of the truck. As we get closer to the release of this Ford Performance pickup, the company has begun a new video series to showcase its capabilities.

“Shot on the same Mojave Desert terrain where F-150 Raptor was designed and tested to excel, the Ford video is a six-part monthly series that shows why F-150 Raptor is the ultimate high-performance off-road pickup truck,” says Ford.

Check out the first installment right here…

[video=youtube;TUs5KZ2uMgs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUs5KZ2uMgs[/video]

The next videos in the series will showcase the following attributes of the truck…

• Video 2: All-new BF Goodrich KO2 Tires

• Video 3: Six preset driving modes that optimize F-150 Raptor’s performance for virtually every terrain

• Video 4: Long-travel suspension that is the crown jewel of F-150 Raptor

• Video 5: How great design enhances F-150 Raptor’s capability

• Video 6: Ultimate off-road capability

These videos will release monthly leading up to the availability of the new Raptor late this year.

1-2017-F-150-Raptor-Video-Part-1.jpg

Today Ford Performance released the first of six monthly videos to demonstrate the capabilities of its forthcoming performance pickup.

bpmurr

Established Member
I'm probably in for a year two Raptor since I know dealers are going to have a ADM fest like they are with the GT350.

Spudz

Established Member
If I can find one at MSRP, I'll be trading the van in. Hopefully my good rapport with the local dealership will let me snag one. But, I'm not holding my breath, since they are one of the more ADM happy lots around. It's gonna be a tough hunt for a reasonable deal.

Cumbersome101

Established Member
If it can just stay at 50k I am in. I'll wait till next year this time. Been holding off buying a f150. Mine still has 10k of warranty left so..... I'll hang on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DR~Z

Established Member
We finally get a to hear the exhaust. Sure do miss the sound of a v8. To lose the sound of the v8 for that , they better knock it out of the park on hp and tq.

Last edited:

Spudz

Established Member
I'm already sold on the eco 3.5L. I have it in the van and it hauls the mail. That low end torque is simply awesome. Noting that they're beefing up the turbos for the Raptor and going with a complete redesign of the block sounds intriguing too, albeit a bit risky as well given the first year production run with the 10 speed. I think I'm willing to roll the dice though.

My plan is to have the dealership disable the speaker engine noise "enhancement" when I purchase. I don't think the van has it (thing is super quiet), so I'm already used to the lack of oomph in the exhaust note. Why I have the other car to enjoy that :)

Cumbersome101

Established Member
I want a extended cab no graphics. They are going to be awesome. I am concerned about the 10 speed and the variable driving modes. I personally like simplicity while off roading.

If I buy one I am worried that they will make a v8 and I'll be left out.

NOT BASHING THE ECOBOOST, but I would rather have a 5.0. Even just a 380 hp or whatever it is.

Cumbersome101

Established Member
Yea ill pay same price lol. Just a good ol 5.0. I've got a regular cab leveled on 35s and I beat new Chevy 5.3 stock tires and suspension with a cold air and exhaust. I also beat a older 6.2. 5.0 are great all around engines. Fast enough up high plenty of grunt down low

Users who are viewing this thread