2016 SHO Tuner: Who have you used/Who would you not use and WHY?

91 trunk

Established Member
Picking up a SHO, I already have a 2015 Eco-boost F-150 that's been tuned. The company I purchased the tune from does not support SHO's. Who have you used, good, bad?

Thanks!

Xtreme_lyb

Established Member
Give Livernois a call, they have done pretty amazing job on the SHO's. I have my Expoorer Sport with them and I really love it! They have plenty of SHO videos in YouTube check'em out.

Last edited:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I received my LMS MyCal today because Livernois is who I've always said would tune my car once I was ready. Will install next week once the spark plugs and 3-bar map come in. Excited!!!

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Installed my mods and holy!!! Car runs as it should now and is so much easier to drive. Before the power was good, but now it just wants to GO! I'm running the 91 Stage 4+(also have the 93 version) and would recommend anyone just go straight to that.

SSI Tune, People have gone for Unleash, LMS to SSI. Shawns tuning is the best.

I can't speak from personal experience, but from what I have read SSI tunes very aggressively and the end results were not always well.

cftaurus

Established Member
Flip_86 -I can definitely get you a response if you are still interested. Shawn is great with SHO's. They have a forum for requesting tunes and they have a FB page as well. You can pm me.

cftaurus

Established Member
Black92, That's a common misconception. I have SSi tunes on both my cars. They run hard and don't have any issues.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks for the mentions guys!

We BY FAR have more experience, success and a longer record of safety than anyone in the EB market especially! We have firsts and world records as wide as Shaq's wingspan. We have been tuning the entire performance lineup of the EB vehicles since before their release in 2009. We have produced the quickest and fastest tunes anywhere. We have done all of this without a single client tuning failure. We bring all of our OEM testing, professional racing and engineering experience to our tuning. So we attack power creation from completely different aspects than other vendors. It is not unusual to hear someone refer to our tunes as the safest, and doubt that they are the best performing, until they lose lol.

The biggest reason to choose our tuning is that we are completely independent. We use our own proprietary tuning software and MyCalibrator device for all our tuning. Having our own proprietary tuning software and hardware means that we have more control over what we can and ultimately will do. Our software allows us to have far more access to your ECU, and because we have more access our tuning files are much larger than most. This only shows that more of us goes into our tuning files VS the competition. We routinely invest in test vehicles both pre and post public release to ensure that we are offering the most responsible aftermarket support in the entire industry. There also is not another aftermarket vendor that has the corporate ties VIA their R&D and skunkworks for the big 3 domestic automakers and their performance divisions.

Tuning is easy! Your tuner will arrive to you completely blank, and ready to read info that will give us your factory calibration. You email that info to us, and we build you your tunes. When they are built we provide you with an app to download to your PC. This app will allow you to connect to our secured remote tuning server. All that you have to do is click "Update Tuner", and that will send us your factory calibration. Once we get that info to our calibration department we will have your custom tuning files ready for you in 24-48 hours. Whenever your tunes are ready to put onto your handheld we will email you letting you know that you can plug your tuner back into your PC and update the tuner again. After that, just load your tune onto your car and have fun!

There are not any negative side effects to responsible modifications, especially tuning. We are making power by making the car as efficient as possible. We have the longest and most successful track record in the EcoBoost platform, and all without a single client vehicle failure. We hang our hat on that achievement!

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Glad to see the SHO Forum come back to life!! - I'm definitely looking forward to getting some more HP in the family truckster. Next step LMS

Users who are viewing this thread