2016 Purchase Insight

Homer Jay

Established Member
Ok guys, I need a little insight. I had/have a deal in place to buy a 2016 tech pack car. Only thing was I noticed a few small things in the paint, so I pointed it out to the sales guy and he said it would be an easy fix, a little buff. Turns out the car is going to need the trunk lid repainted and blending into the quarter panel. The dealer already started the work so I can't have it stopped. So now I don't want to continue with that purchase.

My only other options are a yellow tech pack or a red track pack. I like red better than yellow but transmission/rear coolers and recaros or nav and Sirius radio?

The car won't be tracked a lot but it will be tracked some.

Input from track and tech pack owners would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe just hope for a good deal on a 2017? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Why don't you want the car? You do realize that a very large number of cars have the same issue at the factory and the same thing happens with consumer never knowing it was painted

It's not like it was hit

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
If you are going to track it at all get the Track Pack at a minimum or order a 2017.

Homer Jay

Established Member
Why don't you want the car? You do realize that a very large number of cars have the same issue at the factory and the same thing happens with consumer never knowing it was painted

It's not like it was hit

I was thinking this so I am going to wait to see how the repair goes. I have the option for the other two so I am just contemplating other options in case the repair is not satisfactory.

BlownAway03

Established Member

It's not like it was hit

I trust the factory with body repairs way more than I would any typical body shop. Just like you said, when the factory repairs cars people rarely can tell. But body shops often do shabby work. I think the op should just secure a deal on a 2017, which seems to also suit his needs better.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
I trust the factory with body repairs way more than I would any typical body shop. Just like you said, when the factory repairs cars people rarely can tell. But body shops often do shabby work. I think the op should just secure a deal on a 2017, which seems to also suit his needs better.

Not trying to start anything but I disagree with this comment, my car had what looked to be wet sand scratches not buffed out by the factory...And I can say our body shop does not do shabby work, we pay much attention to how our work comes out and do our best to avoid dust...I ve seen plenty of new cars that have these imperfections...

Homer Jay

Established Member
Thanks for the ideas and words of wisdom guys. I am going to see how it gets fixed. If it isn't too my liking I'm just going to wait and try to get a '17.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Thanks for the ideas and words of wisdom guys. I am going to see how it gets fixed. If it isn't too my liking I'm just going to wait and try to get a '17.

Best course of action right there

Users who are viewing this thread