2016 Mustang 5.0 Cold Start Issue at Idle

Denver_SVT

Established Member
The car is bone stock with catalytic converter deleted. Afrer the custom tune we faced an idle issue at cold start only. The car will go to 1400 RPM once you start it and then it will rev up and down from 800 rpm to 1200 rpm like it has Cams on it. Any idea what will cause this issue to occur?

We tried to change the timing values at the maximum allowed spark table cold starts neutral with no affects.

Any advice of how to fix this issue will be appreciated.

Sent from my HUAWEI matte 20 pro

Denver_SVT

Established Member
I thought i wrote my thread at Engine Tuning. My bad i will delete it and post it there. Thanks

Denver_SVT

Established Member
The car is bone stock with catalytic converter deleted. Afrer the custom tune we faced an idle issue at cold start only. The car will go to 1400 RPM once you start it and then it will rev up and down from 800 rpm to 1200 rpm like it has Cams on it. Any idea what will cause this issue to occur?

We tried to change the timing values at the maximum allowed spark table cold starts neutral with no affects.

Any advice of how to fix this issue will be appreciated.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
You were close. You're in the Engine Tuning forum, but it's in the Terminator section. I saw that you found the Tuning a la Carte forum.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Are you able to put the stock tune back in it? If it started happening after the tune then the tune needs to be fixed.

decipha

Established Member
if the car is stock and its got issues either the tune is horribly wrong or you have mechanical problems

are you using sct to tune? what is the computer hw code?

Denver_SVT

Established Member
Yes Desipha we're using SCT tune and the code we used from the SCT predator (GR3A-14C204-ADC) so, do you think this code causing the issue? Because the tune dialed proporly. Do you think we have to use the code from the PCM which is EPT2?
if the car is stock and its got issues either the tune is horribly wrong or you have mechanical problems

are you using sct to tune? what is the computer hw code?

Last edited:

Denver_SVT

Established Member
For your info, in the tune we dialed the ECU SWPN which is 13 digits. Should we use the ECU Strategy which is 7 digits? for older models usually we used the Strategy code or the code from PCM. Is the new model the same?

decipha

Established Member
no you have to enter in the full pn on 15+ cars

PM your handheld serial # and i'll shoot u a base tune to write to it to verify all is well

Denver_SVT

Established Member
Thanks for your usual support. PM already sent to you.
no you have to enter in the full pn on 15+ cars

PM your handheld serial # and i'll shoot u a base tune to write to it to verify all is well

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread