2016 Jeep Wrangler ?

CobraG

Established Member
My wife was in an accident (everyone is okay) last week. Her 97 Wrangler was totaled. We went Jeep shopping over the weekend and found one she loved. A 2016 Rubicon, lifted, steel bumpers, winch, heated leather seats etc.
Anyway, the Jeep seems to sway a little, has anyone had any experience with this? Is this because of the lift? The tires are 35x12.5x17.
My truck is lifted and has 35x12.5x18 and it doesn't get squirrely until around 85 MPH.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Spend the extra money and get a 2018 JL Rubicon. They come with 33” from the factory and the whole vehicle is exponentially better than the JK’s. No need to add a lift kit or 35” IMO.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Sway as in the front end when moving the steering wheel or just in general? I had a 95 with 30's and an aftermarket steering stabilizer helped.

CV355

_
Established Member
Spend the extra money and get a 2018 JL Rubicon. They come with 33” from the factory and the whole vehicle is exponentially better than the JK’s. No need to add a lift kit or 35” IMO.

This.

We had a 2016 JKU. I really did like it overall, but it was HORRIBLE on the highway. From what I've been told by JL/JLU owners, the '18+ is a massive improvement over the JK's.

ZEN357

Established Member
I agree! I would just see what kind of deal you can get on the Rubicon model. It's way better than the lower models and you don't need to put a life on it. Also, you can find all kinds of accessories for the Jeep. They have a huge following.

Jeep Parts, Accessories & Jeep Engines | Cherokee & Wrangler | JEGS

Lots of Forums as well....

2018+ Jeep Wrangler (JL) News and Forum - JLwranglerforums.com
Jeep Wrangler Forum - Jeep Wrangler Owners Community
Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum
https://www.jeepforum.com

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Sway as in the front end when moving the steering wheel or just in general? I had a 95 with 30's and an aftermarket steering stabilizer helped.

A steering stabilizer with 35+ is pretty much a must. We have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler on a 3.5 inch Metal Cloak lift on 37s and we don't get any kind of sway on the highway at 80+ mph.

The Jeep does definitely like to follow the road though, so if you hit a bump or are on an uneven road it will want to follow it. Other then that we don't have any complaints, it drives significantly better then my 1997 TJ did. (It doesn't have the same Indiana Jones feel that my TJ did so it is even kind of boring for daily driving IMO)

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Not a fan of the new body style. My wife drives a 16 4 door Sahara and loves it. I'd find the issue and fix it and live happily every after.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Can you tell what lift kit it is?

My lady wants a Wrangler type vehicle too, but we are waiting to see what the new Bronco looks like and how it compares to a Rubicon.

CobraG

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure what the lift is, I'll take a better look at it. I know on the front it says Skyjacker. Going from the 97 to the 16 is a big difference in features and overall feel. Other than the sway it's an awesome vehicle. And once we get the sway figured it it'll be even better.

Users who are viewing this thread