If there is one....hell yeah another car I can watch ppl drive on utube lol

wolfkin

Established Member
I wish they would make this the next GT

GR1_zps9c186251.jpg

That is a beautiful car.

5.0_

Established Member
As much as I love ford Gt's I hope this isn't true. If ford decides to make another 2door super car I believe they need to start fresh and not dilute the master piece they have already created. I 'am one who believes ford gt's could be worth a pretty penny in the future and creating another successor may change that.

I'm with this guy^

bret a ewing

Established Member
The reason I started it this thread was a article back in January/February of last year. In one of the auto mags there were artists' concept renderings of what a future FGT may look like ................and then a poll circulated to gauge market interest. The results were alledgly sent to Ford.
This is an update to this thread.

I wrote a Ford leadership executive by the name of Paul Harrison in July of 2012 to find out what the likleyhood of a next gen FGT was to be built. I was considering buying a new Viper since that was the only new supercar to emerge.
This was my answer:

" Bret – thanks for your email and the fantastic picture. Sounds like you have a great collection!

I’m sad to say that we have no plans for a new Ford GT or similar supercar beyond our new 200MPH 2013 Shelby GT500 at this time.

Of course, we’d love to see you in one of those rather than a Viper and you’d have money left over to buy a new Focus ST for your collection. But I do understand your dilemma, so thanks for contacting us and happy shopping!

Paul D Harrison | Ford Motor Company"

BUT, remember Petunia" was so super secret most of the upper echilon folks never knew about it anyway.
So there is always hope...............................

KBLEO

Established Member
One of the greatest cars ever. Hope they bring it back but with a 5.8 or even a 6.2 and possibly 650-700 hp.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Rumors were saying a hybrid powertrain which is obviously speculation, but it also makes sense. With Ford being a leading manufacturer in hybrid technology and the GT obviously being an example of the brand's best capabilities I believe if any GT comes out will be a hybrid powertrain to compete with the new Ferrari, Porsche 918, and McLaren P1 as the last GT's competition was the Enzo, CGT, and SLR. Ford would not hold itself back with a new GT if this is the new trend. They would show they can do everything those brands do but at half the price.

I wish Ford would bring back the Boss 429.
I do not understand why Ford did not bring this unit back .
I waited to see if Ford would but as far now Ford did not.
So I ordered the 2014 Shelby.
I know this is the site for the Ford Gt's & just thought I would get response from you guys from this site.

bret a ewing

Established Member
Sadly, another Ford GT will never be built, according to the insiders. "There is no reason to do so, the project was perfectly engineered and executed. Ford will have future high performance vehicles evolving from the newest technology, but the name will be something other than Ford GT."

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
Thats exactly right Bret.

I just spent the last 5 days talking with everyone that would know. They know many of us would like to see it. I think Ford is being particularly cautious as it emerges from the economic slump. Its smart to stay conservative these days. Our economy is on very shaky ground as it is.

There will be new performance vehicles, but no sportscar, no supercar. Its a bummer, I know. I practically begged anyone that would listen. Did a tour on the Romeo Niche Line, and they indicated the 5.8 was done after this year. That sucks too. Who knows whats in store for the BOSS or Mach 1. I get the feeling the Boss is done though.

bret a ewing

Established Member
To the extent that I adore portage Gt's I trust this isn't accurate. Assuming that passage chooses to make an alternate 2door super auto I accept they have to begin crisp and not weaken the gem they have as of recently made. I 'am one who accepts passage gt's could be worth a pretty penny sometime to come and making an alternate successor might change that.

Maybe not, think Mclaren F1.

Users who are viewing this thread