2016 fgt

bret a ewing

Established Member
Any truth to the rumor of a nex-gen Ford GT in the works? Viper will be back this year, it'd be nice, IMHO, to see Ford get back into the supercar market.:)

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
TT GT from the factory? :rockon:

yenko boy

Established Member
As much as I love ford Gt's I hope this isn't true. If ford decides to make another 2door super car I believe they need to start fresh and not dilute the master piece they have already created. I 'am one who believes ford gt's could be worth a pretty penny in the future and creating another successor may change that.

FordGTGuy

Established Member
I think any new Ford GT created should be created with the same idea as all the others, to create shock and awe in the car market. Make Ferrari, Porsche and Lamborghini run home and cry to their mommies using the most advanced American engineering available.

Cool little fact, the GT-40 MK IV was built using the latest technology in aerodynamics from modern jets at the time.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Leave the GT alone. Will never be able to recapture the magic the last one had, and will be compared against it.

IMO, start with something new. Don't resurrect an old model.

jcthorne

Established Member
i think they should go ahead with the GT90 project :coolman:

The show car that was the GT90 was a miserable failure of a vehicle. Very unstable at speed. Its very dated design now as well.

Ford has stated in several venues that its retro phase is over. New designs will be modern. The replacement for the halo car would likely follow that design theme and forgo a retro link to the past.

IE the next Ford supercar, whatever it turns out to be will likely NOT be a Ford GT but rather a completely new design to showcase new technology rather than continue comparisons to what was done 10 or 50 years ago.

1hot281

Established Member
I think any new Ford GT created should be created with the same idea as all the others, to create shock and awe in the car market. Make Ferrari, Porsche and Lamborghini run home and cry to their mommies using the most advanced American engineering available.

Cool little fact, the GT-40 MK IV was built using the latest technology in aerodynamics from modern jets at the time.

Another cool little fact; the Ford GT40 was originally conceived, designed, and built in England, by a consortium of people including the at-the-time chief designer of Lola. Only the MKIV driven by Dan Gurney and AJ Foyt in the 1967 24hr of Le Mans could be considered an "All-American" victory.

bret a ewing

Established Member
Another cool little fact; the Ford GT40 was originally conceived, designed, and built in England, by a consortium of people including the at-the-time chief designer of Lola. Only the MKIV driven by Dan Gurney and AJ Foyt in the 1967 24hr of Le Mans could be considered an "All-American" victory.

Party Pooper;-)

--------------------------------------
(My horns broken, watch for finger)

GodStang

Established Member
When is the next super car due out? I have seen them talking about it but no real dates seen yet. Just Ford hinting they are working on one. I would guess another year or two?

Last edited:

bret a ewing

Established Member
Yep, one is coming, the Ford hotrodders are real good a keeping secrets. With all the power they are making, you know they want to build a sexy body around it.

Hey how 'bout a 2016 Pantera!:rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread