2016 5.0 engine noise at sudden wot

cheetohead04

Established Member
Ok guys. Cars a 2016 pp 5.0 m6. Having issues with a strange noise I'm hearing. When the car was bone stock I did not hear it at all. As soon as I installed jlt, tune I heard it for the first time. Care is tuned by aed. Can't say enough about Shaun trying to help me with this issue. It's not anything to do with his tunes or anything he has done. Now on to the issue. When you all of a sudden go wot you hear some sort of click or knock coming from the engine. Say I do a 20 roll and go wot fast as shit it does it for a split second pulls up to 6* of timing and will do it everytime I shift or the throttle is open closed really fast. I can put the car in neutral I can rev fast and hear it. If I roll into it it will not do this at all. I've been searching and searching for shit it could be and can not find anything. So I put the car back to completely stock and it will do it but not nearly as much as it does with cai,tune. I can barely get it to do it stock. I'm planning on going to the dealer but I feel I'm going to have a hard time showing them that there is an issue. Can't exactly show them data logs showing it pulling timing and such. Has anyone had this sort of issue?

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Have you checked all of your motor mounts? I would start looking around for something loose in the engine bay and under the car (I would look really close around the header area). Sounds like when you hit it something is moving and possibly hitting the exhaust causing the car to pull timing.

cheetohead04

Established Member
I have checked some but not everything. Hard to think it's anything external. It's louder and more noticeable with cai. Not sure may throttle respond is better with intake so engine moves more or something idk

5.0jake

Established Member
Does it on stock tune

You said barely though. I had the same exact issue as you but couldn't find anything causing the false knock. Was very frustrating.
Shaun told me it was the extra torque from the tune exacerbating the supposed false knock.

Joseph Land

Established Member
There's a guy on Facebook that had a similar knock/ping at wot and the next day the timing chain broke. Ford replaced his engine. Car had 4600 miles. His was tuned as well but can't recall by who.

Users who are viewing this thread