2015 Super Duty

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
you might want to check out powerstrokearmy.com

a few ppl have got them over there. doesnt seem to be meeting all the hype over the 13-14 model

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I doubt you'll notice the bump in power until you put some weight behind the truck. It should really shine under load at altitude. Engine braking should also be vastly improved.

BlackOutUT

Established Member
I also read that Ford limits the engine for a certain amount of miles. That could also explain why many aren't too impressed with the power.

Blk04Snake

Established Member
I'm hoping to see a restyle soon. The bump in power would probably be nice, but really overall the truck isn't a whole lot different than my '10 6.4 other than powertrain. Still the same ole thing since '99. When they re-do the truck itself, then maybe I'll be in the market for a new one.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm hoping to see a restyle soon. The bump in power would probably be nice, but really overall the truck isn't a whole lot different than my '10 6.4 other than powertrain. Still the same ole thing since '99. When they re-do the truck itself, then maybe I'll be in the market for a new one.

That's the boat I'm in. I really like what I'm seeing from the updated 6.7 Powerstroke (still would like to see if the pistons and rods are actually beefier), but I'm going to hold off for a completely new truck. The SVTP 2009 F-350 still does everything I ever ask of it with ease (except get decent mileage).

10fore

Established Member
The boost in power and torque is definitely noticeable when towing, but outside of that though, the difference while driving normally is not really that noticeable. They're certainly nice trucks, but if you want to buy, try finding a 2014 and cash in on the rebates.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You can tell a difference power wise.

The first one I ordered in I drove for twenty minutes or so, came back and jumped in a 2014. You can tell a considerable difference.

freakshow12

Established Member
I dunno. I had a 06 king ranch dually and an 09 king ranch 450 dually. Beautiful trucks when they ran. Went cummins and have since switched all my work trucks to dodge. All 5 1 tons.

YJSONLY

Established Member
I dunno. I had a 06 king ranch dually and an 09 king ranch 450 dually. Beautiful trucks when they ran. Went cummins and have since switched all my work trucks to dodge. All 5 1 tons.

I know the dodge has a long history but I hate them stupid mirrors!!!!

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
i wasnt referring to the small bump in power, i was talking about the upgraded turbo and injectors

10fore

Established Member
You can tell a difference power wise.

The first one I ordered in I drove for twenty minutes or so, came back and jumped in a 2014. You can tell a considerable difference.
What rear end? I went and grabbed another one off the lot today and it did better than the first one I drove.

BlackOutUT

Established Member
The boost in power and torque is definitely noticeable when towing, but outside of that though, the difference while driving normally is not really that noticeable. They're certainly nice trucks, but if you want to buy, try finding a 2014 and cash in on the rebates.

I will be all over the rebates, but I can get A Plan pricing. I haven't ran the numbers in a few months. But Last time I checked the difference in price was minimal. IDK. I would love to see a redesign, but when is that realistically going to happen? I personally still really love the look of the Fords. The rams are great I just think they're but ugly.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
and it's why I drive a Ram 2500 with a Cummins and manual, instead of a Ford (even though I like Fords better than Dodge)

I can't understand why anyone would want a full size diesel truck with a manual transmission, but to each their own.

tj04cobra

Established Member
i wasnt referring to the small bump in power, i was talking about the upgraded turbo and injectors

The 6.7's power strokes are damn nice, and I am ready to see how one drives with the updated turbo and injectors. I have read one good review on a 2015 on power stroke army and a few where guys are saying they are not enjoying the few mileage. There isn't a very big jump and price either. The diesel option goes up a little over 100 dollars and base price for a super duty goes up a little over 1000 i believe.

Of course better rebates are to be had on the out going 2014MY, but sticker to sticker the upgrade looks to be worth it seeing that the 2011-2014 MY had turbo issues, especially when tuned. I think another thing that changed in 2015 is a bigger, stronger torque converter. I don't know if any of you guys have seen the torque converter inside one of these 6r140 bell housings, but there is so much room outside the converter in the bell housing that it makes the torque converter look tiny LOL.

I lust for a ruby red 2015 platinum 6.7.

Users who are viewing this thread