2015 SHO dealer demo

Fuerza

Established Member
Ford dealer from OP called me back again. They asked me if I would purchase at D plan pricing. They didn't offer me D plan though. I told them to pound sand and that I've lost momentum. I told them I wanted D pricing on Thursday and the salesman was afraid to ask.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
For a DEMO it should be under invoice. Did you drive a Charger yet? It has heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel, heated and cooled cupholders, RWD, V8.....better interior....

The Taurus has less interior volume then a Fusion. The Charger is much bigger in the inside and has far less blindspots.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
I would agree with the sizing. The Taurus feels tight inside for a fullsize. My Edge (midsize SUV) is way bigger inside. I bought my 13 SHO (same car) for 31k back in 13 used with 4k miles on it. Stickered for 43k.

bret a ewing

Established Member
A lease alone knocks off $6250. X or A plan another $2K, and dealers will usually beat that if it means loosing a sale.

Get exactly what YOU want. Don't compromise.

A lease will give you an option of giving the car back for whatever reason after the term. On a Ford lease - a $45k MSRP SHO payments will total ~$17k after 3 years and the residual will be ~$23k.

Fuerza

Established Member
Just wanted to bump an old thread and talk about my recent experience. I did end up buying this car on a lease. 17 more payments and it's going back. I pay $539 per month and I was on a 39 month lease. End of lease purchase price is $20229.

Does that seem right? Adding up all my lease payments plus end up purchase puts the total at 41285.

For shits and giggles I went to Carmax and had them do an appraisal. Carmax quoted me $22k! I'm not trying to trade out my car but I was shocked at how fast the value is gone from these cars. Given that kind of depreciation I will be glad to give Ford back their car.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just wanted to bump an old thread and talk about my recent experience. I did end up buying this car on a lease. 17 more payments and it's going back. I pay $539 per month and I was on a 39 month lease. End of lease purchase price is $20229.

Does that seem right? Adding up all my lease payments plus end up purchase puts the total at 41285.

For shits and giggles I went to Carmax and had them do an appraisal. Carmax quoted me $22k! I'm not trying to trade out my car but I was shocked at how fast the value is gone from these cars. Given that kind of depreciation I will be glad to give Ford back their car.

Taurus depreciate more than any other vehicle in the Ford lineup. You can buy a year old Limited for half the price of a new one.

Fuerza

Established Member
Taurus depreciate more than any other vehicle in the Ford lineup. You can buy a year old Limited for half the price of a new one.

Just out of curiosity what does Ford or the accepting dealership do with lease turn ins? I mean no way will they get $20k for a 2015 with the 50k Miles a year plus from now? I have the miles to burn right now. I won't trade it in at another loss. I'll pay out my remaining requirement and walk.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just out of curiosity what does Ford or the accepting dealership do with lease turn ins? I mean no way will they get $20k for a 2015 with the 50k Miles a year plus from now? I have the miles to burn right now. I won't trade it in at another loss. I'll pay out my remaining requirement and walk.

They run it through the Ford dealer auction. Whatever they lose, they write off, then they adjust the residuals based on the previous year.

Users who are viewing this thread