2015 Shelby GT350R-C at Lime Rock

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 2015 Shelby GT350R-C Lime Rock Preview Featured.jpg
Rock Show
The Ford Performance Shelby GT350R-C races at Lime Rock Park tomorrow
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Ford Motor Company

There is no doubt about it; the Ford Performance 2015 Shelby GT350R-C is making quite a name for itself on the IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge circuit. After the Multimatic Motorsports-backed teams had a strong showing a rain-soaked Watkins Glen, they won their second race at the team’s home track, Canadian Tire Motorsports Park. Tomorrow morning this two-car team rolls into Lime Rock Park in Connecticut.
Continue reading →

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I watched the MoSport race. It's amazing that they were able to rebuild #15 and get it inspected in time to race tomorrow! That car was scrap metal after that crash. Let's hope the chassis engineers were able to get the new body-in-white to 100%.

kb67

Established Member
Premium Member
Great race for the 350RCs finishing 1st with a car build in 2 weeks that started 40th and 2nd with the other team car. Looking good for Multimatic.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I hope the oncoming restrictions are weight based (again) and not reduced intake tract diameter over what it already is.

kb67

Established Member
Premium Member
During the race they were discussing laptimes the 350RCs were not the fastest one of the z28s from Stevenson I think was the fastest lap. It appeared the top 4 runners were really close in laptime. It came down to pitstops and drivers things were tight for 2nd place the last 8 mins.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Just finished watching the first half and I had to cheat and fast forward to the end. GT350R-C 's looked impressive! I can see why they had to level the playing field.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
I hope the oncoming restrictions are weight based (again) and not reduced intake tract diameter over what it already is.

Adding weight is more detrimental then restricting air inlet sizes. They can get creative it intake tubing to make up for a restricting orifice. It's amazing what the Power generated by the tiny holes the other classes have to breath through.

Weight on the other hand is harder on the drivetrain components, brakes, tire degradation and fuel consumption. Weight is a much bigger enemy of all forms of acceleration then limiting HP that only affects one form.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I want to see the 5.2 run with as much power as possible throughout. I understand how weight works and if the choice was between the two....

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
They could, but forced induction cars have additional rules and requirements in CTSC.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I don't think they play those games in the CTSC series. The cars and engines don't really deviate too far from stock or OEM upgrades.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I don't think they play those games in the CTSC series. The cars and engines don't really deviate too far from stock or OEM upgrades.

The LS7's in the Z28's have a 700rpm reduction (6300), along with an intake restrictor.

Contrary to what the series says, the engines are not the same ones in the street cars. Some have significant upgrades over stock.

Users who are viewing this thread