EditorTurner

Established Member
00-2015-Shelby-GT350-ProCharger-Featured.jpg

Strong Magic
ProCharger readies supercharger systems for the Voodoo 5.2-liter
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of ProCharger

For most people, 526 naturally aspirated horsepower from a 5.2-liter engine that revs past 8,000 rpm would be plenty. If you are reading this sentence, you probably aren’t most people. Those of us afflicted with a speed lust simply take the factory horsepower rating as a jumping-off point, which is what ProCharger is about to do with its new GT350 supercharger systems.

“…These cars were born for the track and love being at high-rpm singing the song that only a flat-plane crank can give you. We can’t go into loads of details yet, however, we can tell you that we designed this system just for this amazing GT350,” says the company. “Installation is easy with no permanent modifications, no motor mount changes, no trimming/cutting/bending of any sort.”

ProCharger will roll out tuner kits first for those that are up for supplying their own custom tuning and fuel system upgrades. Soon thereafter it will release full kits with tuning and all the necessary supporting hardware.

“Our customers will be enjoying supercharged power with no power fade consistently lap after lap on the track with our system. Thanks to the worry free air-to-air intercooler and highly efficient supercharger head units inlet air temps are kept to an absolute minimum,” the company added. “A custom ProCharger air-to-air intercooler was designed specifically for this GT350 front nose, for maximum cooling and perfect OEM fit and finish.”

The company isn’t talking numbers for this system just yet, but its Stage 2 systems for the 2015+ Mustang GT promise up to a 240-horsepower gain from 9 pounds of boost. If these new systems deliver that much or more on the GT350 it should make for a fun ride. If are interested in acquiring one of these systems you can contact the company at [email protected] or (913) 338-2886 to get on the list to be informed when the system is released.

1-2015-Shelby-GT350-ProCharger.jpg

ProCharger will soon release tuner kits and complete supercharger systems for the 2015-2017 Shelby GT350.

2-2015-Shelby-GT350-ProCharger.jpg

These kits are not just repurposed Mustang GT kits, the ProCharger GT350 kit includes an intercooler designed specifically for the Shelby front end.

CompOrange04

Just livin the dream...
Established Member
it will be interesting to see the low end grunt vs the hi revving power and how the supercharger takes all of that into account... Regardless, 700+ hp will be really really fun in that car!

ericnolan661

Established Member
holy- gazinga, snikee, sheeeeite! Sounds like more than reasonable gains are possible, my concern is the at that the voodoo engine seems a little delicate, and I would be more than a little conncerned about significant modifications. But the hp sounds addictive.

SlowSVT

Established Member
It appears the PD blower installation in the GT350 didn't turn out very well. Maybe they will have better luck with the Procharger.

Brian Z.

Established Member
It appears the PD blower installation in the GT350 didn't turn out very well. Maybe they will have better luck with the Procharger.

Sorry I've been living under a rock lately with work and other stuff occupying all my time - what's been the issue with the PD blowers on the GT350?

Zemedici

Established Member
The issue with running boost on these cars is the piston design. There's hardly any space from the top of the piston to the ring lands, so not a lot of boost can be run safely. Awaiting this kit to put on a few cars and see how they fare against a PD or Hellion setup. Its kind of a bummer to put a Hellion kit on these cars and only be able to run 6-7 PSI for fear of bad things happening.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I hope the finished product uses a different radiator coolant tank, the one in the picture is butt ugly.

SlowSVT

Established Member
The issue with running boost on these cars is the piston design. There's hardly any space from the top of the piston to the ring lands, so not a lot of boost can be run safely. Awaiting this kit to put on a few cars and see how they fare against a PD or Hellion setup. Its kind of a bummer to put a Hellion kit on these cars and only be able to run 6-7 PSI for fear of bad things happening.

........ that and the fact it's a linerless block which means you are one lean injector away from writing big checks. The Voodoo engine is optimized to run NA. I think a 4.6 or a 5.4 is better suited for FI which are more economical, simpler and are very rugged engines. You will never find a Voodoo engine in a wrecking yard should it go "catastrophic".

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
It appears the PD blower installation in the )GT350 didn't turn out very well. Maybe they will have better luck with the Procharger.

It's exactly what myself and others said. That engine is fundamentally NOT designed for boost. Those pistons have very little material for maximum weight savings. If any kit would work it would be low-boost centri. PDs on the Voodoo are a bad recipe. That being said I'm quite curious to see how this Pro Charger works out.

04svtsnke

Established Member
Sorry I've been living under a rock lately with work and other stuff occupying all my time - what's been the issue with the PD blowers on the GT350?

This. I haven't heard anything about lethal 'so gt350 having problems except waiting for a clutch from McLeod.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
This. I haven't heard anything about lethal 'so gt350 having problems except waiting for a clutch from McLeod.

Well, that's just it. I've only seen/heard of 2 videos of the car. One on the dyno and once on a casual drive. Not much being said about the car at all. I can't remember the last update on it. I know they were waiting on a clutch, but that was months ago. (Unless I am missed some updates along the way, but I don't think I have.)

SlowSVT

Established Member
Well, that's just it. I've only seen/heard of 2 videos of the car. One on the dyno and once on a casual drive. Not much being said about the car at all. I can't remember the last update on it. I know they were waiting on a clutch, but that was months ago. (Unless I am missed some updates along the way, but I don't think I have.)

Agree

If there was a problem with the factory clutch there should be no reason to state it didn't hold as the same held true for the clutch in the Terminator, no mystery there. After 2 years worth of production no one is offering any from of FI for the GT350. Kinda makes you wonder what are the issues they are having. Without supercharging the 350 is pretty much at it's limit with regard to hp production. The only way to make more NA is to spin the engine faster moving the power band even higher which will get very expensive at the cost of drivability. Then again the GT350 is designed as a track car where NA has it's advantages which is this cars intended purpose.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
But for those who do not tack these car, which unfortunately that is me, a s/c would be super fun for street use..really going to consider this or even a whipple if available when I am ready

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread