2015 Mustang

Kapy

Established Member
8 New Cars Coming to Thrill You in 2014 | Wall St. Cheat Sheet

Got this off of yahoo this morning.

I wonder if the drawing in this pic is close to what it will be?

If it is, I am very happy with my 13 and will not even think about trading up.

I love this quote too out of the article.

"Expect a 2.3 L, 16-valve turbo engine with manual and auto transmission, with Ford opting for a split-and-jointed drive axle for the first time ever. The Mustang will celebrate its 50th birthday in 2014, so expect Ford to come out with the most fearsome version of its classic ride."

Most fearsome version of its classic ride? Don't think so!

I really really really hope Ford doesn't make this mistake. But it looks like it is headed that way.

Kapy

Established Member
Kapy- I think you wanted to put this in the 2015+ mustang section buddy

It belongs there no doubt. Thought some of us would like to see the article thats all.
:beer:

5.0 guy

Established Member
I'm with Kapy on this one Chris, ill be hanging on to my 13'. Since you change out cars annually I'm sure we will get a first review from you for sure! Hope the new one keeps some traditional lines of a muscle car, I really like the retro look. I hated the body style after the fox 5.0's died after 93 but still love my 03 Term which as odd as the body style is for a mustang it still looks like a muscle car.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
I like Mustang Terry's comment: "The article should be "Seven silly hybrids and the 50th anniversary Mustang: The tale of one good release in 2014".:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I like Mustang Terry's comment: "The article should be "Seven silly hybrids and the 50th anniversary Mustang: The tale of one good release in 2014".:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:lol1:

So far I am not interested in anything I have seen for the 2015 model, but it is all hearsay at this point, no one knows. ( besides the IRS and engine options)

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Will be interesting if they bring a ecoboost GT500. Twin turbo from factory ? Wow. Think of the possibilities.

That said, I will be holding on to Roxxy :)

13GT5.0

Established Member
Here's something interesting (possible what it looks like underneath all that garbage). It does resemble the clay models awhile back.

attachment.php

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
interesting but again since its a new unibody that looks way too s197-ish

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
8 New Cars Coming to Thrill You in 2014 | Wall St. Cheat Sheet

Got this off of yahoo this morning.

I wonder if the drawing in this pic is close to what it will be?

If it is, I am very happy with my 13 and will not even think about trading up.

"Expect a 2.3 L, 16-valve turbo engine with manual and auto transmission, with Ford opting for a split-and-jointed drive axle for the first time ever. The Mustang will celebrate its 50th birthday in 2014, so expect Ford to come out with the most fearsome version of its classic ride."

I really really really hope Ford doesn't make this mistake. But it looks like it is headed that way.

So much unconfirmed inaccurate bs in that article. Do you really think that Ford is gonna release something that isnt head and shoulders above the old generation in every way? The 50th anniversary is too big for them to screw it up. Why would they go backwards in performance? Doesnt make sense at all from a business stand point for them.

Styling is in the eye of the beholder so whether you like the way it looks or not is all up to you. However, rest assured that performance wise it will trump the 11-14s in every way.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member

you suck at reading comprehension. really.

So much unconfirmed inaccurate bs in that article. Do you really think that Ford is gonna release something that isnt head and shoulders above the old generation in every way? The 50th anniversary is too big for them to screw it up. Why would they go backwards in performance? Doesnt make sense at all from a business stand point for them.

Styling is in the eye of the beholder so whether you like the way it looks or not is all up to you. However, rest assured that performance wise it will trump the 11-14s in every way.
what's inaccurate in that article? the 2015 mustang will be offered with a 2.3l ecoboost, and it will have IRS. are there some other claims that they made that i'm missing? i must've missed the part where they said that it will be slower than the current generation...

BADASS03SVT

Established Member

I dunno...remember there was another era of "horsepower wars" back in the late 60s, early 70s. Cars were bigger and heavier but also were in the 400-500hp range. then they went back down again. Hell the first 5.0 was 220hp in the late 60s and I think the mustang 2 5.0s were under 150hp.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
Did the new C7 'Vette come out with lower horsepower or performance? Nope! I expect the new GT will get better in every way. I don't know about the SVT model, but based on what they've done since '93, I'm more willing to bet with them than against them.

Last edited:

13GT5.0

Established Member
Did the new C7 'Vette come out with lower horsepower or performance? Nope! I expect the new GT will get better in every way. I don't know, but based on what they've done since '93, I'm more willing to bet with them than against them.

The 94 had less hp than the previous fox bodies.

Users who are viewing this thread