EditorTurner

Established Member
0-2015-Mustang-Tesla-Screen-Upgrade-Featured.jpg

Big Screen
Modernize your S550 with a plug-and-play Android infotainment upgrade
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Ultra Design

You might not be jealous of the Tesla’s electric motivation or its autopilot abilities, but take one look in the interior and you might turn green with envy. That massive touchscreen in the center stack really gives the interior of the it electric car an ultramodern feel. If you are lucky enough to own a 2015+ Mustang there is a company that offers an upgrade that will give your pony that same sort of space-age feel.

That company is Ultra Design and it offers a direct replacement upgrade for the S550 screen and controls that offers the power and flexibility of an Android tablet interface for all your infotainment needs. Better yet, putting the UltraDesign Viper Tech Mustang Screen in your Mustang is simple.

“The installation is easy. It’s plug and play,” James Wang of UltraDesign said. “Remove the dash and the stock screen and connect the wires for new screen. Usually takes around 30-40 minutes for installation.”

Essentially, the Viper Tech Mustang Screen integrates an Android tablet into the centerstack of a Mustang. Not only does it look more modern—and vastly superior to the 4.2-inch screen provided with the base audio system—but this system offers the flexibility offered by the Android operating system.

“The screen will maintain all the stock functions. The buttons on the steering wheel are still working and the reverse camera works also. The Sync system will be removed and will be powered by our system,” James said. “The air conditioner functions will control by the touchscreen. The radio is same, just control by the touch screen. Also you can load videos to the screen, and watch videos any time you want.”

Not only can you watch videos and control the audio and HVAC systems with the 10.4-inch screen, but you can also watch high-def videos and even run performance logging apps. It really opens up a lot of possibilities in addition to creating quite a conversation piece in your interior.

The UltraDesign-Viper Tech-Mustang Screen is available for both the 2015+ V-6/EcoBoost ($1,100) and Mustang GT ($1,200) but sadly it is not available for either Shelby GT350 model. You can preorder the V-6/EcoBoost and GT versions of the screen now and they should be available in short order, but that’s not all this company has in store for the S550 crowd. Ultra Design just released a carbon-fiber steering wheel and other parts are in development.

“Viper Tech is one of our products,” James added. “We will release an electronic control spoiler this week. Like Audi and Porsche, depends on different speed, the spoiler will automatic up and down. …It changes the whole trunk, inside and outside. It is all carbon.”

1-2015-Mustang-Tesla-Screen-Upgrade.jpg

Would you like to easily replace your base 2015+ Mustang’s center stack controls and 4.2-inch screen with a 10.4-inch screen running Android 4.4? That’s the promise of the UltraDesign Viper Tech Mustang Screen.

2-2015-Mustang-Tesla-Screen-Upgrade.jpg

Bring some of that modern Tesla flavor to your new Mustang with this plug-and-play mod from UltraDesign. It also you to use Google maps, streaming services, automotive performance apps right in your dash.

3-2015-Mustang-Tesla-Screen-Upgrade.jpg

Available for V-6/EcoBoost and Mustang GT applications, the Viper Tech screen supplants your Mustang’s Sync system to control the infotainment and HVAC systems while adding the flexibility offered by the Android operating system.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The 1024x768 resolution display and android 4.4 kill it for me. Maybe in the future when the tech isn't 3 years old. Still, very nice, and there are probably a lot of people that aren't so in demand of the latest tech that will jump all over it.

Chase_

Established Member
Lol yea I'm betting at least $1k

This site shows it for $1100 USD but only available for the V6/ecoboost

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I've been looking forward to seeing something like this for a while. If this product can be streamlined and improved in future generations I can see it easily replacing factory Nav systems.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Seems price is right in line with a high end Kenwood or Alpine......So I guess it depends on what you want.

3.7cyclone

AKA Bananana, 5.0yote
Established Member
As long as its not dog slow and does what you need it too, the resolution is not a big deal considering the current screen.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I've been looking forward to seeing something like this for a while. If this product can be streamlined and improved in future generations I can see it easily replacing factory Nav systems.
I agree. I like the nav in my gt350, but I would replace it with a android tab in a heartbeat. Better navigation, more apps for music, better controls / gestures and more real estate to use it all.

If hvac could be incorporated you could have always on digital controls on the bottom half and whatever else on the top.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread