2015 mustang gt V3 Vortech kit on a 2014 ??

Go551

Established Member
Hello All, A friend of mine was selling his Vortech V3 kit off of his 2015 mustang gt. I was wondering if it would fit on a 2014 mustang without too many modifications or having to buy new bracket etc....

5.0Black

Established Member
There is the old saying "where there is a will there is a way." Through enough time and money into something it will work. I am not an expert on how well a kit designed for a 15 GT will fit a 13/14 GT. I know there are differences between the cars and that the kits for online sale don't merge into one group when buying new, nor do the tunes. If it were me I wouldn't entertain this idea and would save money for the F/I kit that was designed for my car. If you really wanted to know some of the differences you could try calling Vortech's support line to see what the differences are.

89 T-trim

Established Member
The bracket is the same, but you would have to reclock the blower volute. Main issue and expense will be the tubing to the blower. As said above go to vortech website and download the instructions

Go551

Established Member
The bracket is the same, but you would have to reclock the blower volute. Main issue and expense will be the tubing to the blower. As said above go to vortech website and download the instructions
Awesome, now I know what you are talking about. I would need to clock blower from a 9 o’clock position to a 6 o’clock position because of the engine bay. Probably change charge pipe into that side of the intercooler....hmm you got me thinking now....lol Is it pretty straight forward....remove Allen wrench’s and turn volume???

Go551

Established Member
Awesome, now I know what you are talking about. I would need to clock blower from a 9 o’clock position to a 6 o’clock position because of the engine bay. Probably change charge pipe into that side of the intercooler....hmm you got me thinking now....lol Is it pretty straight forward....remove Allen wrench’s and turn volume???
*volute

89 T-trim

Established Member
Yes to reclock just loosen Allen’s. Again most of the plumbing you won’t be able to use. Cost it out.

PC03GT

Established Member
If you or someone else can fabricate the charge pipes you should be ok, if not be prepared to pay....the charge pipes are 1200 bucks

Go551

Established Member
Yes, I decided to go with Paxton kit that is made for my mustang. I will take bracket that comes w it and have my buddy fab it so I can sell V3 head unit. I have universal aftercooler and I will have parts to put together and compare and sell it to my buddy that has a 12. Thanks everyone for advice:)

Users who are viewing this thread