2015 Mustang Front End Revealed

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I think you guys are forgetting that this isn't the 1st time Ford gave Mustang styling similar to their Fleet. Remember the aero nose that matched the thunderbird, Taurus, and Tempo? Or how the New Edge theme was used on the Focus, Cougar, Windstar, Ka and Mondeo?

BossAnaki

Established Member
I think you guys are forgetting that this isn't the 1st time Ford gave Mustang styling similar to their Fleet. Remember the aero nose that matched the thunderbird, Taurus, and Tempo? Or how the New Edge theme was used on the Focus, Cougar, Windstar, Ka and Mondeo?

Haven't forgotten. I thought it was great when they got away from that and made the Mustang stand out on its own again.

Last edited:

darreng505

Established Member
The Mustang has gotten flack in the past for being an unrefined, one-trick pony that is only marketable to Americans who like to go fast in a straight line.

Who has given the mustang flack? People who want something different? bah

It's a car targeted at a certain market. Americans who want to go fast in a straight line. It is what it is...and it's not a european touring sedan...

BossAnaki

Established Member
Who has given the mustang flack? People who want something different? bah

It's a car targeted at a certain market. Americans who want to go fast in a straight line. It is what it is...and it's not a european touring sedan...

This, and if you what a V8 coupe with an IRS buy an M3 or an AMG.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I am not sure yet about the looks, and although we should see improvements in performance and interior,I don't know if thats enough to sway me.

331coupe

Established Member
I wouldn't be surprised if that front end isn't what really comes out. Not saying it wont be similar, but I believe they will change it up.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
There are design cues that are essential to what makes a Mustang a Mustang. The retro look has come to represent the classic Mustang look. If you think about the original Mustang through the '70's and then from '05 through 2014 these designs have really reinforced this image. The new design here continues the cues in more refined manner. I like the look...it looks like a Mustang and taken on its own....without a reference to the new family line... its pretty nice. Yeah, I think it would be neat to see it have a unique look in the Ford line...but I have a hard time envisioning what a new clean slate design would look like without the essential Mustang design cues. So many new sport coupes have appeared since the original Mustang...how do you come up with something that looks like a Mustang... is not retro... and doesn't look like any other sport coupe. It would be cool if Ford can pull it off...

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
I wouldn't be surprised if that front end isn't what really comes out. Not saying it wont be similar, but I believe they will change it up.

I agree with this. I zoomed in with Photoshop and saw quite a few irregularities with the fascia, which appears to be a plastic on-off prototype molding.

In addition, the grill opening is monstrous, but the actual air inlet is FAR behind the grill opening in front - and then, the actual open honeycomb holes for air to get through is TINY. almost like another front end is hiding behind that front end.

I imagine it will look similar. I even like it. But the grill opening seems so out of sync with the lines of the fog openings, etc.

The fake size-camo on top of the hood kinda messes with the look though. so do some of the assymetric taped on lines and plastic mashed on the various openings.

The true front end could be very similar or drastically different.

this front end is a little too similar to the current model IMO.

I'd like to see something more angular and futuristic.

the fog light openings look exactly like I hoped, the headlight lines look stylishly aggressive, but then that grill just sort of dopes it up.

Hoping that maybe... just maybe that aint it.

i just hope ford is BOLD enough with this car. Don't try to be safe and keep enough of the current model, etc.

I remember when Apple Inc. had this awesome product called the iPod Mini. And it was wildly successful.

Then they killed it at the height of its fame.

Only to introduce the even far more popular iPod Nano.

it was a reinvention. it wasn't safe. It looked different. It was a different size, etc. But it represented the best they could do.

with the Mustang, ford doesn't need to say "how can we still make people recognize this new car with the old one?

What they need to do is go back to the beginning and remember what made the car the hit it was. then revisit history and remove the mistakes from the equation, but re-envision the successes for today:

1) bold, beautiful styling AT THAT TIME. (It's nearly 2014. Not 1965. Cool cars today look like the Aventedor, the Aston Martin Vantage, the Fusion, the the Make the thing the ultimate MODERN, freshly styled dream that it deserved to be. Not hampered by the design cues of the past. Keep the pony, keep a subtle C scoop - or reverse it to make it a functional hot air outlet from the engine compartment - but ditch the nasty looking oversized grill already and the portruberance that it always seems to carry. heck, the 87-93 5.0 looked ZERO like the 'Stang of the 60's and for its day - that was the perfect. the New Edge mustangs were very stylish for their time and they also looked nothing like the 60's car. And now, we just had a near decade of full-on retro homage. time to move on. Like all the way, not letting the great legacy of the past become a drawback for the styling of this great car.

2) lots of bang for your buck. The perfect car at any price point, from base to "Ultimate Destructor." (keep it cheap for the masses, but allow for those with more disposable income to not have to shop elsewhere for the dream car/racing dominator).

3) Myriad of customization options. (People like making something "theirs.")

4) Racing heritage. (mustang is a popular car, but it's also an enthusiast car. And one thing to brag about it being First On Race Day. LOL)

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I agree with this. I zoomed in with Photoshop and saw quite a few irregularities with the fascia, which appears to be a plastic on-off prototype molding.

In addition, the grill opening is monstrous, but the actual air inlet is FAR behind the grill opening in front - and then, the actual open honeycomb holes for air to get through is TINY. almost like another front end is hiding behind that front end.

I imagine it will look similar. I even like it. But the grill opening seems so out of sync with the lines of the fog openings, etc.

The fake size-camo on top of the hood kinda messes with the look though. so do some of the assymetric taped on lines and plastic mashed on the various openings.

The true front end could be very similar or drastically different.

this front end is a little too similar to the current model IMO.

I'd like to see something more angular and futuristic.

the fog light openings look exactly like I hoped, the headlight lines look stylishly aggressive, but then that grill just sort of dopes it up.

Hoping that maybe... just maybe that aint it.

i just hope ford is BOLD enough with this car. Don't try to be safe and keep enough of the current model, etc.

I remember when Apple Inc. had this awesome product called the iPod Mini. And it was wildly successful.

Then they killed it at the height of its fame.

Only to introduce the even far more popular iPod Nano.

it was a reinvention. it wasn't safe. It looked different. It was a different size, etc. But it represented the best they could do.

with the Mustang, ford doesn't need to say "how can we still make people recognize this new car with the old one?

What they need to do is go back to the beginning and remember what made the car the hit it was. then revisit history and remove the mistakes from the equation, but re-envision the successes for today:

1) bold, beautiful styling AT THAT TIME. (It's nearly 2014. Not 1965. Cool cars today look like the Aventedor, the Aston Martin Vantage, the Fusion, the the Make the thing the ultimate MODERN, freshly styled dream that it deserved to be. Not hampered by the design cues of the past. Keep the pony, keep a subtle C scoop - or reverse it to make it a functional hot air outlet from the engine compartment - but ditch the nasty looking oversized grill already and the portruberance that it always seems to carry. heck, the 87-93 5.0 looked ZERO like the 'Stang of the 60's and for its day - that was the perfect. the New Edge mustangs were very stylish for their time and they also looked nothing like the 60's car. And now, we just had a near decade of full-on retro homage. time to move on. Like all the way, not letting the great legacy of the past become a drawback for the styling of this great car.

2) lots of bang for your buck. The perfect car at any price point, from base to "Ultimate Destructor." (keep it cheap for the masses, but allow for those with more disposable income to not have to shop elsewhere for the dream car/racing dominator).

3) Myriad of customization options. (People like making something "theirs.")

4) Racing heritage. (mustang is a popular car, but it's also an enthusiast car. And one thing to brag about it being First On Race Day. LOL)

Well said! A lot of people can't let go of that retro styling thinking it's what defines the Mustang when they don't even realize how many of the generations of Mustangs very little resemble the last.

When I look at the 03-04 Cobras from a design standpoint I liken them to TVRs. If you haven't seen a newer one then look it up. The cars are known for being completely unlike anything else made, and while far more outrageous than any Mustang, the New Edge and even SN95 design was far more outrageous than anything American made. People don't realize this because so many were made and they were so often seen in person.

The short rake and long hood with crazy scoops and extractors, along with the rectangular-shaped headlights and taillights made those cars very different and very unlike any previous Mustang when it all came together. But at its culmination it looked awesome and menacing because it didn't look like anything else nor did it look like any other Mustang.

Personally, I think a Mustang can look good when it pulls from old design cues or if it goes off in a complete original direction. You need that new direction sometimes so you can continue to build on those classic design themes and not just rely on what was made in the 60s-70s. Car designs these days are beautiful so they are fully capable of designing a modern classic. I think whatever they finally settle on, they'll eventually pull it all together in a package that consumers will drool over. I really didn't like the 05-09s so much but they did a great job with the 2010s+ so I suspect the same could happen again.

wma8706

Established Member
based on the leak pics. 2015 would prob. look like this
0xle.jpg
nlkv.jpg

mackdog2008

Established Member
Looking at the spy shots from a few weeks ago an these has anyone noticed that they have different rocker panels?

1st is the one from a while back
y6a8a7ep.jpg

2nd is now
uzadepyn.jpg

I think we have been fooled in to thinking this is the 2015

65fastback2+2

Established Member
wouldnt surprised me a bit they're running test mules that dont look like the launch vehicle just to make the launch more secretive

chancejat

Established Member
Looking at the spy shots from a few weeks ago an these has anyone noticed that they have different rocker panels?

I think we have been fooled in to thinking this is the 2015

Im guessing the second one was a boss set up....

Users who are viewing this thread