2015 Mustang EcoBoost MRT Turbo-Back Sound Clip Comparison

Steve@CJPP

[video=youtube;ftLlk4wXou8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftLlk4wXou8[/video]

MRT 98U900 Mustang Off-Road Turbo-Back Exhaust EcoBoost 2015

MRT 98U901 Mustang High-Flow Turbo-Back Exhaust EcoBoost 2015

We recently installed MRT's Turbo-Back exhaust system on our 2015 Mustang EcoBoost. The system is available with either an off-road downpipe or a high-flow catted downipe. We received numerous questions on how they sound compared to each other. In this video we have provided clips of the stock exhaust, catted and off-road to give you the best possible comparison.

For more 2015 Mustang parts available at CJ Pony Parts check out:
2015 Mustang Parts Guide Free shipping CJ Pony Parts

For more MRT parts available at CJ pony Parts check out:
Mustang Racing Technologies - Brand

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The EcoBoost just isn't a super attractive sounding engine, at least for a Mustang. I do like the bit of turbo noise from the cat-less MRT system though. Well done guys.:beer:

Steve@CJPP

The EcoBoost just isn't a super attractive sounding engine, at least for a Mustang. I do like the bit of turbo noise from the cat-less MRT system though. Well done guys.:beer:
Yeah it's weird hearing these noises coming out of a mustang.

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I watched that video yesterday. Im pretty dissapointed in the sound. Very honda like. I have had a few 2.3 turbofords and battled to get a good sound and have it NOT sound like a honda. Can we put a mid muffler and skip mufflers at the tip to give it a deeper tone?

Last edited:

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
I want a EB for a DD. If I end getting one I'll leave the exhaust stock......cuz that just doesn't sound right!!!

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
Price advantage is what I am after. I have a Focus ST now for a DD. The EB Stang has to be just as fun. Don't plan on modifying, the GT500 takes all the $$ for that.

Posted via Topify on Android

Voltwings

Established Member
Yikes ... been doing the turbo 4 thing for a long time now and that just ... eish. Not my favorite.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
I want a EB for a DD. If I end getting one I'll leave the exhaust stock......cuz that just doesn't sound right!!!

2 weeks ago you said "I don't know anyone who ordered a '15" and now you're wanting one! haha. I've been contemplating the same thing.

I've found there is little advantage for the EB over a GT for a DD.

no difference in MPG either?

I wonder if changing the downpipe only and leaving the catback stock would keep the drone down but still give you the increase in turbo whistle (like in the EB F150).

Nice job on the video CJPP

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
Ahhhh....still don't know anyone who has ordered one. I've wanted one since it was announced. Really enjoy the ST I have now. This EB Stang should be better.

Posted via Topify on Android

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I have one that I DD and I most definitely see advantages over the GT. My 2012 averaged about 270 miles per tank, and my EB (which is tuned already) averages 350 miles. For me, that is two additional round trips to work. I also bought mine for a purpose, which was to mod it heavily and DD it.

I do agree that finding a decent exhaust sound for this car is challenging. I am going to try to piece something together that will flow, but remain mellow and quiet. I may wind up with just a downpipe and an electric cutout.

Mike

Voltwings

Established Member
On my ms3, full catless to the stock mufflers was honestly the best exhaust i ever had on the car... Worth checking out.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
2 weeks ago you said "I don't know anyone who ordered a '15" and now you're wanting one! haha. I've been contemplating the same thing.

no difference in MPG either?

I wonder if changing the downpipe only and leaving the catback stock would keep the drone down but still give you the increase in turbo whistle (like in the EB F150).

Nice job on the video CJPP

There's a difference in mileage, just not enough to justify it for me personally.

The stock cat-back is just so heavy. Cutting 30 pounds is one of the best reasons to ditch it.

Users who are viewing this thread