2015 IRS BMR rear suspension setup installed

chico_mustangs

Established Member
I ordered my 2015 back on November 2nd of last year, it finally showed up on the 3rd of April. It was love at first sight to say the least! After driving it for the first time around a turn I noticed the rear end didn't feel connected to the car so I knew I had to do something about it. At the time I still had my nearly 700hp 2012 GT so the new one felt pretty damn slow. I contacted a vendor here on SVT forums who is probably the most advertised one on here and in the majority of articles in the magazines. After getting a list of nearly $14k worth of performance parts together including a Whipple and several other parts I tried to place my order. I got the run around for about a week, didn't get replied to for several days more than once. When I finally actually attempted to place the order they raised the price on me by about $700 so needless to say I canceled the whole thing.

I decided to take a different route with the car, do one upgrade at a time but wasn't sure which vendor to order from. I had contacted Terry at Beefcake Racing a couple years back about some parts for my '12 but never ended up placing an order. I decided to contact him once again because of my previous experience. I asked some questions and decided to place my order with him. He was honest and didn't try anything shady like the other vendor I had attempted to place the order with.

I ordered the MMR oil pump gears and complete BMR rear suspension setup, Delrin bushings, Poly bushings, Toe Arms, etc. Due to lack of supply BMR hadn't shipped them all at the same time. I got most of my order within a few days, not thinking of the time zone difference I called him on a Friday at almost 8pm his time to ask him about the parts I hadn't received yet. No answer of course, I realized the time difference when the phone was ringing. I hung up and figured oh well, I'll call him back on Monday. A few minutes later I had an incoming call from a number I didn't have saved, it was Terry calling me from his personal cell phone. I am not a long time customer to say that he had my name and number from previous orders. I couldn't get the other guys to PM me back for days when they were on the clock but when he was off and on his way to a weekend of racing he called me back immediately. This is the type of customer service other businesses should strive to achieve. Needless to say I will be ordering all of my performance parts from Beefcake Racing in the future. Super nice guy, EXCELLENT customer service, great prices, and fast shipping! I could not be happier with my experience!

Finally the day came and the last of the BMR parts arrived. I'm not going to lie, I was a bit afraid when I took all of the bushings, arms, and all out of the packages. My first thought was oh no, what did I get myself into? This looks like a COMPLETE nightmare to install! I looked over all of the parts to make sure everything was complete. I thoroughly inspected everything and I could not believe the quality of the pieces. The craftsmanship in all of the BMR parts really goes to show you how nice someone can build things if they just spend the time on design and quality. I have seen other parts for Mustangs in the past that apon up close in person inspection their is no way I'd put them on my car, this however was not at all the case with the BMR products. I made sure everything was there and hesitantly started taking the car apart in the morning. Luckily I have my own 1800sq ft hobby shop with a lift and all the necessary tools so that made it a bit easier. In all honesty I didn't even look at the instructions, I just started taking it apart piece by piece, bolt by bolt. I left the calipers on the car and zip tied them to the upper shock mount so I wouldn't have to deal with bleeding them and all of that. In no time the rear end was out, I replaced the bushings one by one. Suprisingly it went very quickly with the aid of a BFH. Within a couple hours all the new bushings were in, arms were on, and it was time to reassemble. All in all this took just over half a day to do and wasn't anywhere near as difficult as I had feared. I put the car into my trailer and hauled it over to the alignment shop.

The next day the car was ready to drive, of course I dropped the clutch and took off full throttle out of there tires spinning through the gears but their was something missing and the car felt different. The wheel hop was gone, the tires actually put a couple solid strips of rubber onto the ground, and the rear end actually felt like it was connected to the car. What an amazing difference! The only downfall is you can hear more drivetrain noise now but with the assistance of some dynamat here in the near future I'm sure it'll be gone. I am going to be ordering a set of sway bars from BMR in the near future and probably everything else they end up making for it!

A HUGE thank you to Beefcake Racing and BMR for great products and excellent customer service, you have both earned a customer for life! I did not mention the other vendor to whom I did not have a good experience, I am not trying to bad mouth them. My point is that just because they advertise the most and you see their name all over the place doesn't mean that they are the best place to order from.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Wow - thanks for the kind words about your parts and experience. I am sure Terry appreciates it as much as I do.

On that note, I am very happy to know that you like our components. We do the best we can. Sometimes we make mistakes, but we are human.

As for the rear suspension installation and set-up, if you installed our Cradle Bushings (BK047 or BK048) please make sure that you get the car re-aligned as soon as you get a chance, if you have not already. Believe it or not, if the rear is not perfect right now...you will notice even more improvement after the rear alignment.

I am liking the rear toe at about .15 per side, .30 total.

On the camber, have the shop loosen the upper link and pull the camber out as much as possible. Lessening the static camber will help with traction and rear stability at WOT.

Thanks again, and enjoy!

PS - We have a lot more coming. ;)

chico_mustangs

Established Member
Wow - thanks for the kind words about your parts and experience. I am sure Terry appreciates it as much as I do.

On that note, I am very happy to know that you like our components. We do the best we can. Sometimes we make mistakes, but we are human.

As for the rear suspension installation and set-up, if you installed our Cradle Bushings (BK047 or BK048) please make sure that you get the car re-aligned as soon as you get a chance, if you have not already. Believe it or not, if the rear is not perfect right now...you will notice even more improvement after the rear alignment.

I am liking the rear toe at about .15 per side, .30 total.

On the camber, have the shop loosen the upper link and pull the camber out as much as possible. Lessening the static camber will help with traction and rear stability at WOT.

Thanks again, and enjoy!

PS - We have a lot more coming. ;)

I believe it was you I spoke to on the phone the other day (I called from a NY number) and you gave me the alignment specs. I bought the BK048 kit, as soon as the car was put back together I put it in my enclosed trailer and hauled it over to the alignment shop. No sense in ruining a good set of tires (my car has about 1k miles on it) and having to replace them too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread