2015 GT350 Should I buy??

Lwbialas

Established Member
Hey Guys,

I have an opportunity to buy one of the 137 2015's produced. Track package Avalanche Grey car. Under 5k original miles. I have been researching and following these cars for the last 12 months but mostly focused on 2016 MY and newer because all of the 2015's that I had seen listed were asking crazy money. That being said I am very interested in purchasing this vehicle but would like to know what you guys thought? Is there anything I should be concerned about? Reasons TO purchase or reasons NOT TO purchase? I plan to actually drive the car on a consistent basis. Lets hear what you guys have to say!

Lwbialas

Established Member
I appreciate the feedback guys. Even if I plan on daily driving the car? My concern is that the 2015’s seem to be the “collector car” due to the low production numbers and I’m sure if I’m putting 10k miles per year on the car no collector will be very interested in the car if I ever decide to part ways with it.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I do think you'll have an easier time selling it, and maybe making just a little, should you decide to sell a couple years down the road.

Lwbialas

Established Member
I do think you'll have an easier time selling it, and maybe making just a little, should you decide to sell a couple years down the road.
It’s hard to gauge their value because the only other 2015’s I have come across for sale have been sitting at lots for 3-500 days and they are asking 80k for them lol.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
That’s a great color...did the 15s have an oil line problem? Can’t remember...that was like 90 cases of beer ago.
Yes.

Even into the 17s they had the oil line recall. Which should be taken care of on most cars by now.

Mine was done.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
It’s hard to gauge their value because the only other 2015’s I have come across for sale have been sitting at lots for 3-500 days and they are asking 80k for them lol.
A guy had his listed at 49k and everyone was talking about how cheap it was, that one at mecum a week prior had sold for something stupid like 200k(i did not research to confirm this, as it sounds off), but he took it off the market. I’m wondering if this is the same car :)

Side note: some of those guys with 2015s had to sign contracts with Ford to not be able to sell for a few years, and now that time is up.

Lwbialas

Established Member
A guy had his listed at 49k and everyone was talking about how cheap it was, that one at mecum a week prior had sold for something stupid like 200k(i did not research to confirm this, as it sounds off), but he took it off the market. I’m wondering if this is the same car :)

Side note: some of those guys with 2015s had to sign contracts with Ford to not be able to sell for a few years, and now that time is up.
It certainly might be the same guy. But if their contracts have ended and they can sell the cars why would he be getting grief for pricing his “to low”. It’s his car to sell for whatever he wants to sell it for?

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
It certainly might be the same guy. But if their contracts have ended and they can sell the cars why would he be getting grief for pricing his “to low”. It’s his car to sell for whatever he wants to sell it for?
Maybe I worded that poorly lol. They were just saying it was too good a deal to be true. Literally a few people didn't believe him!

Lwbialas

Established Member
Maybe I worded that poorly lol. They were just saying it was too good a deal to be true. Literally a few people didn't believe him!
Makes better sense now. I will keep you guys updated! Negotiating with seller now. If everything works out I will be heading to pick it up this weekend!

Drewsky65

Established Member
What’s the production numbers on the 2015 350’s from what I understand the R’s are the only 2015 models collectors are garaging. If the non R production numbers are in the hundreds then I would understand!

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Even if I plan on daily driving the car? My concern is that the 2015’s seem to be the “collector car” due to the low production numbers and I’m sure if I’m putting 10k miles per year on the car no collector will be very interested in the car if I ever decide to part ways with it.

This all depends on what car guy you are. There are the, "it's made to be driven and enjoyed so drive that sum'bitch". Then there is the, "I love knowing I own it, but want to keep the miles low and keep it pristine" guy.
I am the latter, and I would never entertain the possibility of daily driving a GT350, Shelby, or Terminator.
But there are guys here who do, and thoroughly enjoy every mile.
Which are you?

WVTrakPak

Established Member
Ilike the changes made from 2015 to 2018/9 but to own one of a 100 and the first is a pretty good deal.

Lwbialas

Established Member
What’s the production numbers on the 2015 350’s from what I understand the R’s are the only 2015 models collectors are garaging. If the non R production numbers are in the hundreds then I would understand!
2015 a total of 137 units were produced. 100 non R’s and 37 R’s. Of the 100, 50 were track package and 50 were tech package.

Lwbialas

Established Member
This all depends on what car guy you are. There are the, "it's made to be driven and enjoyed so drive that sum'bitch". Then there is the, "I love knowing I own it, but want to keep the miles low and keep it pristine" guy.
I am the latter, and I would never entertain the possibility of daily driving a GT350, Shelby, or Terminator.
But there are guys here who do, and thoroughly enjoy every mile.
Which are you?
I am definitely the first. I buy my cars to drive and enjoy them. All the while taking care of them and keeping them in the best possible condition I can.

Lwbialas

Established Member
Ilike the changes made from 2015 to 2018/9 but to own one of a 100 and the first is a pretty good deal.
I agree. I can pick up a low mileage 16 or even 17 for the same or even less money but the limited production first year 2015 keeps grabbing my attention

Drewsky65

Established Member
2015 a total of 137 units were produced. 100 non R’s and 37 R’s. Of the 100, 50 were track package and 50 were tech package.

Much more rare than I thought. Granted the 17+ is a better car as far as options go. It is still cool to have such a low production year. Maybe in 40 years they will be worth a pretty penny. On the other thought, it would always be in the back of my head to keep the miles down, not track it... ect. If i could have one car in the world it would be a 65 GT350 but i would drive it once maybe twice a year as they are worth a half million right now. Soooo its more of a collectors thing.

Users who are viewing this thread