2015 GT ProCharger Stage 2

gqneon

Established Member
I'm new here and might have posted a similar question in the wrong forum initially - I had no idea how big this forum really was when I was looking at it on my phone.

What I'm wondering is on the 2015 GT ProCharger Stage 2 kits, since they have a dedicated 8-rib crank pulley with "cam-locks", does that mean I'm going to have to pull off the stock crank pulley to mount the ProCharger drive pulley to it, or is it set up to allow me to somehow bolt to to the existing pulley that's already installed?

I can't find this information anywhere online, but I know there are tons of ProCharged 15's online (even though a lot of them seem to be the shared drive 6-rib setup, for cost savings I guess, I just don't want belt stretch and squeal like I've had on other shared drive setups).

I'd love to hear from anyone that knows first hand - and will gladly move or delete the post from whichever forum was incorrect in the event I've erred against the rules.

Thanks - I like what I'm finding here!

gqneon

Established Member
I appreciate the responses (here and on the related thread). I've got an email in to ProCharger right now for a copy of the installation instructions now. Thanks!

phils04gt

Established Member
I am in the process of installing my stage 2 kit. I'm at the step where you remove the crank bolt. Can't get the bolt out, pulley just spins (automatic). I am going to see if I can use an impact to get the bolt out.

gqneon

Established Member
I haven't received my kit so I'm just reading the shop manual and disassembling / reassembling to see where any problem areas might be.

In the Ford Manual for the crank pulley bolt, it doesn't show any special tools, but if I run across one I'll update this (there's lots of sections and I might have to look in a different section to find the special tool or instructions.)

**HOWEVER**
It is saying to discard the crank bolt and when the new one goes on, to torque it in 4 stages which tells me it might be a TTY part. Here's the stages it lists:

6. Using the Strap Wrench, install a new crankshaft pulley bolt and the original washer.
Use the General Equipment: Strap Wrench
Torque:
Stage 1: 103 lb.ft (140 Nm)
Stage 2: Loosen: 360°
Stage 3: 74 lb.ft (100 Nm)
Stage 4: 90°

I'm not sure if that helps, but it might be a consideration for putting it back on. I have gotten answers that the pulley has to come off, and I have gotten answers that it stays put. ProCharger said it stays on, but when I have it in my hands I'll know for sure. As long as the bolt comes out, the add on pulley should bolt right to it. I couldn't find anywhere where it said the bolt was a one-time use online, but I also can't find actual installation instructions for the blower kit either.

The guy at Procharger said it was online, but I can't find it.

gqneon

Established Member
Procharger's installation guide says to torque it to 35ft lbs and then crank it 90°.

If you're willing and able, can you scan over your instruction sheets for me to read over? PM me if you can, if not, no hurt feelings. I'd really like to look them over before everything shows up. 35 lb/ft is WAY different than 103, back a turn, and then 74 lb/ft + a 90 degree turn. But that doesn't mean they're wrong. It might have to do with the new bolt they're sending. I just know if the pulley comes off Ford's pulley reinstall tool is almost $300 by itself lol

Users who are viewing this thread