2015 GT PP @ San Antonio Raceway

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
I happened to be in the area and stopped at SAR tonight. This is my first time in about 10 years to run the 1/4 and I forgot how fun it can be. I'm normally an HPDE guy... My first time staging and a 2013 Mustang GT Track Pack wants to get lined up with me so I said sure. He said he had an intake, Bama 93 race tune, and some exhaust work of some sort I'm not exactly sure. My 2015 GT PP is bone stock minus Forgestar F14's and MPSS's. Our first run I spun of course and lost but noticed I trapped 1mph faster. Our second run I said F-it and used Launch Control :D This time was different and I jumped out in front and stayed there the entire run and again trapped 1mph faster. At SAR apparently mid 13's is expected for these cars, I guess the humidity really hurts. I saw some bolt on 5.0's and Camaro's running 13.4's and 13.5's.

Anyways here's the slip for the 2nd run. My 3rd run I was within a thousandth of a second of this time so I guess I was consistent at least.
1 (2).jpg

The third run I get matched against some girl in a 3v GT with a blower. She had 3 people pushing her car up to the starting area so I figured she was pretty serious. This was the only one I got video of, me getting spanked by a girl in a 3v :D She only trapped a 1/2 mph faster than me though...
[video=youtube;4ijNqjGiVC0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ijNqjGiVC0[/video]

Last edited:

Sirraf

Established Member
That's about right considering the 60'. Bring that down to a 1.9 60', then you have a 12.80 pass all day.

slverstang

Established Member
Seems good. I was out there a couple a weeks ago and my brothers 14 GT ran 13.3's all night. His is auto with 3:15's and bone stock. Some of my friends had 15's out there and they were all running 12.9 to 13.4 all night stock. Just depends on the night i guess. 12.9 came from an auto 15 with 3:55's and resonator delete trapping 111. My brothers only trapped 109.

Users who are viewing this thread