2015 GT Clutches

gqneon

Established Member
I was looking to get a Spec clutch for my 2015 GT but their part numbers online and via phone don't go up to 2015 yet. However, Lethal Performance is listing clutches from them for the 2015 GT, but at the bottom of every item description it says "Use of Spec flywheel required."

Does anyone know if the clutch kits for 2015 GT cars are the same as the 2014 cars? I want to get a clutch in it this week before the blower to save the aggravation of killing a clutch at an inopportune time later.

I'm assuming if I get a flywheel / clutch kit combo, it will obviously be fine, but with 2k miles on the stock flywheel I'm also assuming it's in great shape and replacement might not be worth the money on a FI street car.

Ideas and info appreciated. Thanks!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I wouldn't worry about it untill you start seeing issues with the stock clutch. Both Spec and McLeod make great units for the MT-82.

gqneon

Established Member
Information from Spec and both of my shop manuals and ford parts all confirm the clutches are the same for 2015. I'll update Monday if I find differently when it gets bolted on.

I could have left the stock clutch in for a while but adding 200 more lbs of torque at the wheels and 250 hp was going to give it a short useless life so I went proactive. Plus my stock flywheel will love me for not melting my stock clutch against it lol. Next go round I'll toss a flywheel in it since it will need resurfaced anyway, and it gives me a chance to see if I love or hate spec clutches. Their service and sales are excellent by the way!

gqneon

Established Member
Confirmed that the 2014 clutches do work on the 2015 GT. I had a Stage 2 put in mine today by Dallas Mustangs. Pedal effort is at least double if not more, but once this thing is broken in it's definitely not going to be the weakest link.

gqneon

Established Member
I saw a McLeod RXT on a built motor with a monster Whipple waiting to go in a car today. Had a billet flywheel (I'm assuming steel) and that all bolted up, it looked amazing. I might go that route next time but $1400 is a lot for a clutch. Then again, you get what you pay for in life.

Thanks for the suggestion, it's definitely on my "must try" list now.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I saw a McLeod RXT on a built motor with a monster Whipple waiting to go in a car today. Had a billet flywheel (I'm assuming steel) and that all bolted up, it looked amazing. I might go that route next time but $1400 is a lot for a clutch. Then again, you get what you pay for in life.

Thanks for the suggestion, it's definitely on my "must try" list now.

We ran an RXT in our blown 2012 GT. It was flawless.

Users who are viewing this thread