2015 GT base On3 TT(and NO regrets) build

olaosunt

Established Member
Thought I would update this thread.

I have since deployed but have been in contact with Chad.

Also been talking to the military sales exchange guy here who thinks he can get me a GT350.lol:coolman:we will see.

I had to order a car(did a DIB/auto/premium/Recaros-like I originally wanted) and he said if he got the GT350 he could switch it.

I would love a GT350 but I figured if I don't get it I may just keep the auto build and slap on a 2.9 whipple.

Not sure how I would swing it with the missus but I could tell her it was a "gift" from the military.
;-)
Alternatively I could sell my 12 but I would have liked to build that one into a full blown "race car" -since it drives like one anyway.:nonono:

Already have a built auto for it but was going to try one more time for 9's banging gears when I get back before the swap.

Not so sure the GT350 is for me, given that I will never see a race track... would still be nice though .May be just have 4 mustangs and get rid of the audi...but then start to sweat hot bricks when winter comes around again-----or may be I will just move somewhere where it never snows and drag race all year......Any way I digress but its MY thread anyway.
Latest from Chad:
"Its all tore down and parts are out for the jigs.,going to move the car to the new warehouse to be stored. I'm guessing about ~6 weeks now of downtime where not much can even happen till we get pre-production parts back. I'm designing a new coolant overflow for it as well to dress up the engine bay that will be included"

Cant wait to get home...hopefully it is done by then

tt3_zpsoa2zkfy4.jpg

TT2_zps28xtma1k.jpg

TT_zpscytippkz.jpg

Attachments

• tt3_zpsoa2zkfy4.jpg
    tt3_zpsoa2zkfy4.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 137
  • TT2_zps28xtma1k.jpg
    TT2_zps28xtma1k.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 146

olaosunt

Established Member
Yup,I got lucky:pepper:.
I do know a local shop that offered to build me a "kit" and would have left it on after I paid $15k

olaosunt

Established Member
so....... I just got home from my deployment and On3 is still waiting on the prototype parts to get back.

I was kind of disappointed he was not done yet since the car has been with him since Decemeber.

I can't really complain though since I have not been around to drive it anyway and I am getting a free kit.

On a different note I ended up keeping the car I ordered through MAS . I had planned to switch to a GT350 but ultimately decided a boosted auto would be more fun and suit my needs(and cheaper?)

I picked it up on Saturday and I love it!
DIB, auto ,3.55, Recaros.Loving it. It feels a lot faster than I remember the M6 with 3.31's felt.

I also love the rev matching the auto does and the drive modes are awesome....I don't really think the sport mode on the base changes throttle like it does on the premium.

My wife drove it and liked it which is a plus. she has never driven any of my other mustangs which are manual although she learnt how to drive with a manual.

The Recaros are awesome too.

This is probably the car I should have got in the first place and looks like a keeper .

I went back on forth between another TT or the 2.9 whipple for this car,but since I ended starting the auto swap on my 12(with the snake bite TVS )after it broke another drive shaft , I decided a TT auto would be the way to go rather than have 2 PD auto coyotes.

I considered doing another ON3 TT but ultimately decided on the Hellion, based on the looks(turbos visible under hood) and the fact they seem to have the tuning sorted on the auto.

Also pretty inpatient to get my boost on,and not even sure when On3 will be ready.

I am looking forward to comparing the two TT kits(both will be 55 mm)in terms of performance - seat of the pants,dyno numbers and track times although I am sure the auto will have the advantage there.

Already bought a bunch on steeds IRS suspension stuff(vertical links,iRS/cradle bushing support,brace) and the PP toe links.
It will be lowered with new steeda progressive springs. I am just going to do the fronts first and see how it looks and performs .

I have Viking shocks I may do at the same time if/when I do the rear springs or save for the manual car.

I am going to start with just the bracing bushing inserts/drag radials.I am going to try the MT ET R's in 18 when available but will run my old 18 305/45 NTO5r's(28.9)or the 19 305/35 MT ET II which are shorter(27.9) and will keep the final gear ratio closer to the stock 3.55's. I will also try the auto bama tune(since it is free) before I do the Hellion.

I am hoping the auto will not need a lot to fix wheel hop but will add parts sequentially as needed.

Hopefully I may be able to save some parts for whenever I get the manual car back as I am assume that is going to need more help.

I may end up just doing all Steeda on the auto and all BMR on the M6 which I suspect is more likely to end up as a " race car" anyway.

I am going to do my best to keep NVH to a minimum on both cars,but want to avoid it completely on the auto since the wife and daughter will drive it(with the boost turned way down of course).

I have a set of 800 HP DSS axle and just ordered a dynotech drive shaft I planned to to use the manual(with MGW shifter) but will be stand by for the auto .... just in case I break something .

Sorry for the long ramble but just super excited to be home and in the driver' seat again.

Shooting for low 10's/high 9's in the 15's and low 9's in the 12.

Last edited:

KonaFifty

Established Member
ya...i follow them on instagram and i havent seen anymore updates on your car...for a few months really. they been touching other things...

FATHERFORD

Established Member
fabrication takes a while... Mine was started in October and it is finally now getting it back this friday.

olaosunt

Established Member
I must say Chad has been great keeping me updated every opportunity he gets.

New shop also looks great

He also has updates on his website for any one interested.

This is the latest info I have for him.
" Prototype cold side and intercooler were just confirmed with tracking, going to be a little later next week. So thats great, now all I am waiting on is the downpipes and a few little custom machined billet fittings Im getting made. Then pretty much all hard parts needed for testing are going to be here. So thats very good new, wanted to just share".

Hopes to start doing some dyno testing in a couple of weeks.

Updates on his website also.Not gong to post link as don't want to get in trouble with mods but easy enough to google.

IMG_9074-e1432782151675_zpseuvhxddp.jpg

IMG_9300-e1432782170903_zpsayfkcatw.jpg

IMG_9233-e1432782160817_zpsyowp0hhy.jpg

Last edited:

olaosunt

Established Member
Have 2 blues again.
12 has now been autoswapped

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y382/olaosunt/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsicq8b52j.jpg

Chad is getting close.Check out his instagram for some great pics.
Only waiting on down pipes that will ne here this week and may be ready for dyno time.

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y382/olaosunt/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsn9swlbdr.jpg[/url]

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y382/olaosunt/Mobile Uploads/image_zps00wativs.jpg

Custom jellyfish replacment comes with kit
http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y382/olaosunt/Mobile Uploads/image_zps2g3nvtwk.jpg
http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y382/olaosunt/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsexxzglf8.jpg

My car that sold me on turbos with old blue.
http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y382/olaosunt/Mobile Uploads/image_zps00wativs.jpg

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
im still not sure how the low mount turbos will work out. speed by design is doing a similar kit. im not sold on the turbo location. interested in seeing how the kit performs.

Users who are viewing this thread