2015 f150 early info

Sdsaathoff

Established Member
I thought it was the new tundra...

The tech features seem cool. The new 2.7 specs, 360 cameras and tailgate lighting are interesting...

400W A/C plug would be nice because it takes my stuff forever to charge with the current outlet.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Wow at the comments in this thread.
The new 15 F150 looks so much better than the old one, its not even comparable.
Everyone that I know loved the look of the Atlas Concept and yet when the new F150 arrives looking the exact same but on street tires and normal street suspension(ie no lift) they say it looks like trash.
The new F150 looks more like the F250 than it ever has before but with a little more style. Take or leave the extra style its still a great looking truck and the comments on the Atlas Concept proves it.

Raptor info...
It is not odd that specialty vehicles take an extra year to get to market. That extra year of design and engineering make it non ordinary. Ford has done this several times with the Cobra/GT500.
Ford will not drop a truck that sells as well as the Raptor!
Ford will not drop a truck that makes as much coin as the Raptor does.
The Raptor will be back and it will be better than ever.

I am predicting a close to if not over n/a 500hp motor and suspension/toughness/electronics that will outdo its predecessor.
With the 500+ lb weight loss the new Raptor will be spectacular!:beer:

In case you did not know the 6.2 abilities here you go....
6.2L Ford Boss V8 Makes 850hp At 460ciBangShift.com

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I hope it gets discontinued. It will only make our trucks that much more unique. Plus I think it will look god awful with this new body style IMO.

God, I hate this mentality. "I hope they don't make anymore so I can charge a shitload for mine when I end up selling it".

RaceRedSnake

Established Member
I greatly appreciated the link about the capabilities of the 6.2 liter posted by On D Bit. 850 horsepower and 8500 RPM. I would love to have an engine like that in the new lightweight 2015 F150 ! That would make for one serious pickup.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
I greatly appreciated the link about the capabilities of the 6.2 liter posted by On D Bit. 850 horsepower and 8500 RPM. I would love to have an engine like that in the new lightweight 2015 F150 ! That would make for one serious pickup.

Ditto, an awesome motor.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
It is not odd that specialty vehicles take an extra year to get to market. That extra year of design and engineering make it non ordinary. Ford has done this several times with the Cobra/GT500.

I agree the Raptor will be back. While its sales are a drop in the F-series bucket, its halo effect has outperformed Ford's wildest expectations. I also agree it is not uncommon for specialty vehicles to be delayed from the SOP of the standard vehicle. With SVT working feverishly on the next Mustang, I wouldn't be surprised if the Raptor is delayed a bit.

However, Ford has delayed their SVT Mustang by at least a model year only ONCE in correspondence to a model change. To be fair, we've only seen two significant platform changes since SVT launched the Cobra twenty one years ago.

• There was a first year SN-95 Cobra.
  • There was a gap at the beginning of S197 production in 2005-06 when SVT's resources were fully dedicated to the Ford GT supercar launch. If not for Petunia (Ford GT), we might not have had to wait so long for the Condor.
  • The jury is still out on the SVT S550's official model year designation.

Do you think this is hideous as well?

I think that is completely awesome! If Ford builds that with a V8 growl, gives it enough power to outperform the bread-and-butter 3.5 Ecoboost V6, and bumps the fuel economy up a bit, I'm in! Say, a TVS 5.3 Coyote based V8? You could even share that engine with an SVT Mustang.

Last edited:

RaceRedSnake

Established Member
I am looking forward to the next generation SVT Raptor. I am okay with a late start to production. Just gives me more time to build up my financial resources.

Users who are viewing this thread