2015 F-150 Super Crew vs Super Cab Crash Tests

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Yikes. Ford left structural deflection bars out of the extended cab trucks that they included in the crew cabs. Only the highest volume style gets crash tested, this being the crew cab. When the IIHS was tipped off about this they called for two trucks to make a direct comparison. The side impact looks equivalent, they were decent enough to leave the braces in the doors of the extended cab trucks.

[video=youtube;zGAF2Fmfx2A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGAF2Fmfx2A[/video]

Last edited:

F8l Vnm

Established Member
So basically the 15 non crew owners get the shaft? Guess that's ok. But if I had a 15 non crew and knew the crews were safer I'd be upset. I did end that the 16 will get new brace now but is that confirmed ?
But then again this is ford who clumps there F150 sales with f250/350/450/650/750 all together and says best selling trucks when they play the f150 commercials. Kinda shady if you ask me but sales are sales I guess.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
So basically the 15 non crew owners get the shaft? Guess that's ok. But if I had a 15 non crew and knew the crews were safer I'd be upset. I did end that the 16 will get new brace now but is that confirmed ?
But then again this is ford who clumps there F150 sales with f250/350/450/650/750 all together and says best selling trucks when they play the f150 commercials. Kinda shady if you ask me but sales are sales I guess.

Every sales chart I have seen, Chevy and Dodge do the same thing with their trucks, and yet neither of them make the top 10 for all time sales. The F series is second to the Corolla which is a globally sold card while the F series is limited to mostly North America.

Users who are viewing this thread