2015 Auto Swap Help

kcc05211

Established Member
Is anyone aware of a 2015 that has been converted from MT82 to 6r80? I would love to convert my 2015 GT PP car to an auto. I know most will say I should trade the car in but the hit due to depreciation and taxes will be around 6-8K. I am hoping I can swap in a 6r80 for 4k or less and I can update the clutches, shaft and converter while shaping it in. My goal would be a 100% factory appearing swap with paddle shifter and gear display on cluster. I may be delusional but I hope not. If you guys have any additional information please send it my way. I have browsed the many threads surrounding the 2011-2014 swaps.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
IT can be done, but I suggest getting a shop familiar with the process to do the work. In the end you're actually going to further devalue your car. If all you want is an auto you would truly be better off just trading for a new car.

stang910

Established Member
I did do my own work and I assume the OP would be doing all his own work as well if wanting to keep it under $4k. Even though I did get a great deal on my swap, it can be done again. A month ago I just located all the parts to do another swap for around $3500.

OP if your car is stock or close enough to return to stock easily just trade it in, you'll be better off. If you have a bunch of mods that you would have to trade in with the car then do the swap.

kcc05211

Established Member
I did do my own work and I assume the OP would be doing all his own work as well if wanting to keep it under $4k. Even though I did get a great deal on my swap, it can be done again. A month ago I just located all the parts to do another swap for around $3500.

OP if your car is stock or close enough to return to stock easily just trade it in, you'll be better off. If you have a bunch of mods that you would have to trade in with the car then do the swap.

My car is close to stock but I think I will take a huge hit trading the car in and I like having the performance package interior, wheels and brakes. I think i would be lucky to get 30K for my car and a new one will cost 35-37 after taxes. I can do all the work myself. The only part that scares me is finding someone to make the auto computer work with my car.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Maybe we are missing the point by saying "trade it in", its clear he wants the 1st track pack auto car!

Users who are viewing this thread