2015 3.5 Ecoboost F-150 vs E39 M5

Jordang

Established Member
Me my best friend and his girlfriend were heading back after a car meet I had drove us there. Over the past few days I have been dying to get a performance vehicle something to take to the drag strip. been browsing local classifieds looking for Mustangs, Camaros, Supras, etc, anything really with a performance background. Tonight that changed.

We pulled up to a light and next to us was a older E39 M5 they came with a very potent v8 and 6 speed manual. 400hp approx at the crank. The light turned green and we both punched it. I had him at the launch, he slowly got up next to me, and then I heard it He missed 3rd and dropped behind me and I could not believe it I cheered.

Next light he was ready and so was I I had the rear diff locked and 4x4 engaged. spooled up light turned green and I instantly had a length on him I kept my foot pinned finally he hit 4th gear and pulled on me. No thumbs up nothing did not even look at me. I tried to wave.

The whole discussion on the way home was my best friend telling me to not even bother getting a mustang or anything else and just void the warranty on my new truck.

He was impressed that a fullsize truck on 20 inch wheels with three people with only a intake which without a tune adds maybe 5hp was able to hang with a performance sedan like an M5.

I count his miss shift as a win and I count the 2nd race as a loss, but even so damn impressive I was able to stay with him as well as I did.

2013GT'ed

Established Member
Tune it. You will NOT regret it. A decent exhaust will really do ya wonders too. You will straight slaughter your truck if you lined em up after the tune.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks for the mention "SixPak"
We offer the most powerful, durable and reliable tuning in the Ecoboost performance community.
Offering everything from tuners to fully built engines.
If you need parts, installation or both we have you covered.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread