2014 with Gen3R

Kar

Hey guys! Got a few slight issues with my Mustang.

Installed Gen3R, working well. No issues to my understanding with the install as it's been on for the last 6 months.

I've noticed:
-When driving normally, coming to a complete stop, my car drops into the 300-400 RPM range almost stalling out.
-When cruising around 30-60 mph range at a steady RPM, the car almost seems to stutter slightly, can't make it happen all the time, but it's fairly noticeable, almost as if it's "hiccupping" if you will.
-When warm (200-210 coolant temp) my idle is still sitting around 800-1000.

Unsure if this is related but I also have P0420/P0430 codes currently, more than likely due to long tube headers w/ high flow cats. I'm unsure on how to test and see if the cats are functioning properly, or if it's the sensors.

Any insight to these issues would be amazing!

Kar

Have you got to. This resolved yet?

The tune absolutely resolved most of my issues!

The one I can’t wrap my finger around is the whole throttle delay. I don’t know what to do about that.
It’s annoying as hell when downshifting

crjackson

Established Member
That sounds like a tune issue also. Can you be more descriptive about the throttle delay?

Are you talking about a lack of responsiveness when you depress the pedal, or something else?

Kar

That sounds like a tune issue also. Can you be more descriptive about the throttle delay?

Are you talking about a lack of responsiveness when you depress the pedal, or something else?
The best way to explain it is: it’s not as responsive as cable driven throttle bodies which is to be expected. But normally when I blip the throttle to downshift, or rev, I often have to hold the throttle vs just tapping it due to there being like a very slight delay

crjackson

Established Member
The best way to explain it is: it’s not as responsive as cable driven throttle bodies which is to be expected. But normally when I blip the throttle to downshift, or rev, I often have to hold the throttle vs just tapping it due to there being like a very slight delay
I would communicate this info with VMP, and ask them to address it.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Throttle response can be in the tune also. I have also seen the PedalMax by jms that is supposed to eliminate the pedal lag. Might be what you are looking for.
You definitely do not need both. The tune can do everything the PedalMax can and you’re seeing one of the largest difficulties in modern tuning—DBW response and sensitivities of TB control and limp mode frustrations.
Hope the tune has been addressed.
Good luck
-J

Users who are viewing this thread