2014 Shelby GT drag tires/wheels

gnewton

Established Member
looking to run slicks at the track--know they dont make 20 or 19 in bias tires. can anyone suggest an addaptible wheel and slick. Ford has a 2012 18 x 9.5 rim that will fit my 2014--but is a $600+ wheel. thinking/hoping I can find a much better deal

Van@RevanRacing

Just get an OEM 2007 - 2010 GT500 rim for the wheels. Unless you're trying to do a match set in which case nothing will fit front and rear

gnewton

Established Member
ok, just looking for rears, so I'll look into that thanks. many suggest 15's do you agree? that seems like such a change from the 20's I'm new at this so any imput is appreciated. putting interest of my car's well being first

Van@RevanRacing

ok, just looking for rears, so I'll look into that thanks. many suggest 15's do you agree? that seems like such a change from the 20's I'm new at this so any imput is appreciated. putting interest of my car's well being first

15's are really for slicks. I wouldn't bother unless you plan on running slicks and then you need some serious suspension mods.

gnewton

Established Member
thx Van, suspension mods for a new Shelby? like what? I spoke w guy at SVT & he said w/ robust rear end in 2014, could handle adding slicks

Last edited:

gnewton

Established Member
follow

ok, think I answered my own question--you meant mod of the brakes. I found this 18 that will fit Black S197 Mustang Saleen Style Wheel 18x10 (05-14 All)

Users who are viewing this thread