2014 Mustang GT or Subaru WRX STI??

D.T.R

Established Member
mpg really?? your mustang gets better gas mpg than what? my sti is def better than the 5oh mpg. Only reason its more expensive is because its a import...same thing with the Audi's, BMW'S, Mercedes etc . Just gotta pay more to play with the foreign cars lol.

Yea, MPG really. A 5.0 will get better MPGs than a STI or EVO, stock for stock, and both driven equally.
No, i didn't buy a 5.0 because of it's MPG. I'm just pointing out that the EVO as a DD would get worse MPGs than the 5.0.
Imports are nice, but once you pass the "bolt on" part... they get stupid expensive... and a bolt on car gets old to me with the quickness.

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
My 12 STi, stage 2 = 19mpg average on highway

my 13 5.0, bolts on(pre-vortech) = 24mpg average on highway

Not even going to begin on the city MPG, the comparison is even worse.

D.T.R

Established Member
My 12 STi, stage 2 = 19mpg average on highway

my 13 5.0, bolts on(pre-vortech) = 24mpg average on highway

Not even going to begin on the city MPG, the comparison is even worse.

you must be pretty heavy footed to get 24mpg on the hwy lol... or drive at like 90mph.
Even Hellions TT 1000whp 5.0 gets 26mpg lol.
I get 30mpg when driving like a grandpa... and 27-28mpg when driving normal... (with the traffic)

Anyways, i don't think this thread is about MPGs... i just wanted to point out that to me, there is no point in having an evo as a DD when they get such poor MPGs.

Alien STI

Established Member
Yea, MPG really. A 5.0 will get better MPGs than a STI or EVO, stock for stock, and both driven equally.
No, i didn't buy a 5.0 because of it's MPG. I'm just pointing out that the EVO as a DD would get worse MPGs than the 5.0.
Imports are nice, but once you pass the "bolt on" part... they get stupid expensive... and a bolt on car gets old to me with the quickness.

got about 285 max outta of the 5.0 stock possible i could have pushed another 15.... my sti was 315 stock.. and 335 tuned ( all to a tank) what was your 5.0 seeing??

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
got about 285 max outta of the 5.0 stock possible i could have pushed another 15.... my sti was 315 stock.. and 335 tuned ( all to a tank) what was your 5.0 seeing??

not sure? i dont check MPGs that way as i hardly ever fill up at the same level... nor keep track of the mileage/trip numbers, but as i posted about, never less than 27/28 mpgs...

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
you must be pretty heavy footed to get 24mpg on the hwy lol... or drive at like 90mph.
Even Hellions TT 1000whp 5.0 gets 26mpg lol.
I get 30mpg when driving like a grandpa... and 27-28mpg when driving normal... (with the traffic)

Anyways, i don't think this thread is about MPGs... i just wanted to point out that to me, there is no point in having an evo as a DD when they get such poor MPGs.

3.73's, 27" tall tire and a heavy foot getting up to cruising speed :D

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Just get the SHO or the 2014 impala ss if you want room but nothing better then a 5.0 or Shelby

Well thats debatable. in the 5.0 price range i agree with you but close to the 70 grand that the gt500 cost you could find a barely used c6z and some pretty nice gtr and vipers.

Ghostwhite

Established Member
In the 16000 miles i put on a 12 sti I Never got better than 19mpg hwy no matter how I drove it. Last trip home in the 5.0 netted 27mpg hwy taking it easy at 70 mph.

Just not feasible when the sti turns 3000+ rpm at 70.

KarbisSVT

Established Member
A lancer!? You went from a sti / 5.0 to a LANCER?!

images

loll common now..

KarbisSVT

Established Member
evo MR's around here sell for 42K+ and for that much money, you could easily have a premium or base model stang, modded suspension, etc. and woop on the evo without trying.

They did run the evo MR against the Boss 302, and the Evo MR lost :D

This is true hahaa. BUT I am leasing the MR for $350 a month. :D

Ford has terrible leasing deals on GT's and so did the STi hence the reason why I got the X MR. I live in the city (Los Angeles) and work in different locations so the automatic MR was a better choice for traffic. I don't care about MPG even though the evo is terrible at it but my C300 Benz is not far off on terrible MPG either and the Evo X has the most fun factor out of all automatic cars in the price range and had the best leasing deal as well. That's why i chose the Evo X MR.

Last edited:

03dsgdreams

Established Member
I'm sure you had to put a decent amount of money down to get that $350 payment. I know the evo x mr is much more expensive then a new auto 5.0. You could of got a base auto with the tech and brembo package for around the same if not less even on a lease if you shopped around a bit. You still have a nice fun to drive car there with the evo and congrats on your purchase but im positive you would be much happier with the 5.0. At the end of the day its just a much better looking and faster car that gets better mpg to top it all off.

Users who are viewing this thread