2014 Model makeover? Fusion and evo looks?

4.6+5.0

Established Member
Average age of a mustang buyer is 51? Damn that's older than I thought it would be...

acrbill

Established Member
I definitely welcome the change. I agree that the retro theme has run its course and I look forward to the Mustang setting the style bar again like they did in 2005. I would like to see something smaller and lighter.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
hearing it will look like an aston martin(ford owned aston martin til recently). the base gt engine will be the ecoboost turbo v6. told that v8's will remain for specialty cars which mean that the shelby and possibly boss branding will remain effective.

think continued rivalry with M3 for this car.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
I wonder how much of this is based on fact vs editors opinion. I certainly wouldn't believe anything MSNBC says regardless:). Personally I haven't noticed any issue with appeal of the current design to younger crowds. IMO most of the younger generation can't yet afford a new car, let alone a 30+k Mustang GT or the associated insurance. Not sure how a new design is going to change that significantly.

Really hope they don't drop a v8 from the GT as an available engine. That would just be an epic mistake IMO.

Last edited:

bumplime

Established Member
We just got the redesigned 2013s and now people are jumping on what's coming next. I'll take a few months to enjoy the newest models before I start thinking of what's in store for the 2015 new platform

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
We just got the redesigned 2013s and now people are jumping on what's coming next. I'll take a few months to enjoy the newest models before I start thinking of what's in store for the 2015 new platform

Weve known of a chassis change since 2010ish. Ford did not intend to keep the S197 for two decades like the fairmont chassis.

Stangrocka

Infant SVT Poster
Established Member
ford should remake the 88-93 body styles, that would be cool. A nice lx coupe with like 450 hp, or a completely different look, the retro models are kinda getting played out. It's like they ran out of ideas. I'm keeping the '12 though.

Fuerza

Established Member
ford should remake the 88-93 body styles, that would be cool. A nice lx coupe with like 450 hp, or a completely different look, the retro models are kinda getting played out. It's like they ran out of ideas. I'm keeping the '12 though.

If retro is played out then why would they remake the 88-93 body style. :dw:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
If retro is played out then why would they remake the 88-93 body style. :dw:

LOL checkmate.

IMO the new stang should NOT be trying to look like any previous model. It needs to be a unique departure but still having mustang cues. Things that pop out to me that scream mustang are a unique roof line and rear quarter section, low slung side scoops and things of that nature.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Weve known of a chassis change since 2010ish. Ford did not intend to keep the S197 for two decades like the fairmont chassis.
actually, word is that the S197 chassis is here to stay for another generation(sounds like the death spiral again:nonono:), albeit with some major changes to accommodate the shrink in size and IRS packaging. originally it was supposed to get a new 'global rear wheel drive chassis' that would underpin all RWD ford cars, but the australians and US HQ kept fighting over the rights to design the chassis and we were left with a stalemate that led to the continuation of the S197 and an unknown future for the ford falcon. comments from mulally are that ford is dedicated to producing the falcon and even making it a global car(**** YES), but it's unknown what its underpinnings will be for the '14-'15 redesign.

Users who are viewing this thread