2014 Kenwood Radios and Maestro Ford Solution Update

12V Guy

Established Member
Hi everyone,

Kenwood has announced the 2014 lineup so I wanted to pass on the information about what models work with Maestro and what features you get.

Double DIN AV (non-navigation) radios:

DDX271 - This is a simple and cost effective unit if all you want to do is retain Sync. It does not have any of the bells and whistles (gauges, Climate or Vehicle Info), nor does it have Bluetooth embedded so you will need to use Sync for that. It also is the only unit that connects to Maestro with the SXI DIN cable (ADS-HRN(SX)-ALL01) and because of that you cannot use both Maestro and add the SXV200 sat tuner. You will have to make a choice. This radio cannot be used with the MUS1 dash kit as it does not have a climate screen.

DDX5901HD, DDX7701HD, DDX8901HD - These are new platform AV units with beefed up processors. They have all the features of the 2013 models. They have dedicated port for Maestro so you can use both Maestro and SXV200 tuner (same as last year's models).

They also add support for CLOCK output so we can now display the time on the secondary screen at top of dash.

Double DIN Navigation Radios:

DNX571HD, DNX691HD, DNX771HD, DNX891HD - These are new platform Navigation units. They have all the features of the 2013 models. They have dedicated port for Maestro so you can use both Maestro and SXV200 tuner (same as last year's models).

They also add support for CLOCK output so we can now display the time on the secondary screen at top of dash.

Double DIN Network Connected Navigation Radios:

DNN770HD (carry over from 2013), DNN991HD - These are Android based, wi-fi enabled Navigation units. They have all the features of the 2013 models.

They have dedicated port for Maestro so you can use both Maestro and SXV200 tuner (same as last year's models).

The DNN991HD adds support for CLOCK output so we can now display the time on the secondary screen at top of dash.

Hope this is helpful. In addition, Alpine and Pioneer have announced compatible radios but I will detail them in separate posts.

Cheers,

12V Guy

Last edited:

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Beefed up processors does that mean they will no longer be laggy or did they change the software/add more features? Have you actually used one?

12V Guy

Established Member
Not as far as I know. I don't work with Kenwood, but the new hardware is completely new from prior generations as far as I understand.

Cheers,

12V Guy

Users who are viewing this thread