2014 Internals question.......

svtwes

Established Member
So Ive been told that the 2014 models have boss rods an aluminum pistons. Has anyone else been told this ? Or am I receiving false information?:shrug:

Im fairly new to the coyote motors so forgive my ignorance.:beer:

87hatchy

Established Member
I think that rumor started because people saw this tech spec sheet (which is from Ford themselves), and noticed it said "Connecting Rods: Forged"

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...merica/US/2014_Specs/2014_MustangGT_Specs.pdf

However, it still says the pistons are cast, so who knows :shrug: I don't think its true. I believe that would've been a widely known thing that Ford probably would have used as a selling point when marketing the 2014s. Ford never mentioned it. Why would they keep it a secret?

Last edited:

svtwes

Established Member
Im bout to just call ford with two vin numbers one boss, and other my 2014 an check part numbers on the rods

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I think every automotive piston for the last 70+ years is aluminum. Now whether it's cast, hypereutectic or forged aluminum is a relevant question.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Yes and the answer was no. Someone cross referenced the part numbers and 14 have the same rods as 11-13 GT's

really? Did they use their CSI computer systems to cross reference it??

corruptor

Established Member
Stock GT rods are "forged" as well. Sinter forged. 2014 GT motor does not magically contain Boss rods/pistons.

SteveC

Established Member
Stock GT rods are "forged" as well. Sinter forged. 2014 GT motor does not magically contain Boss rods/pistons.

I wish they magically did...

If you search and find the thread from about a week or two ago there is some good info about the difference including pictures for comparison. The pictures show that they are not Boss internals.

svtwes

Established Member
thanks for the information guys, unfortunately I didn't have the time to go through 50+ threads to find out if this had come up in a previous thread. Sorry
My reason for asking is that I was thinking bout going FI an this played a small part into what kind of power level I was going to feel comfortable at. Again, im fairly new to the coyote

Users who are viewing this thread