2014 GT500 Shelby

BillO

Established Member
I found a 2014 GT500 locally for sale with 13,000 miles on it all options but glass roof and track pack. The current 2nd owner is willing to sell the car for $43,700, It in really nice shape clean carfax, it seems to be a very fair price. Do you feel with the introduction of the new 2020 GT500 the prices on the 2013 /2014 will come down further?
Thank you
Bill

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t think the current GT500 will drop the prices of the others. One reason is the new one will probably cost about double what the prior gens are going for. I don’t see the specialty market for 05-14 Shelby’s taking a hit due to a new one. Obviously some models are worth more than others, but they are still what they are.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Sometimes you get lucky & find a seller " in need " of money & willing to take a hit for a quick sale. Other than that, prices will stay where they are. As noted in post # 2, a lot of people talking about buying a 2020 MY won't because of cost..

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like a great deal. Trinity pricess will not suffer as a consequence of the new 500. Two totally different price brackets now.

stanger1

Established Member
I noticed in the past 2-3 weeks, a local dealer now has 2- 2014 GT500's sitting on the lot.
One has 41,000 miles and the other around 13,000, don't remember for sure, and they have them listed right at $49,000.
See how long they sit, but it is Winter time and it's very cold and snowy here, so high powered performance cars just don't jump off the lot right now.
But in two months, it will be a whole different story.

Fat Boss

Established Member
I disagree with the notion that the new 500 coming out won't impact values on the old car. Plenty of people like the Blvd Bruiser nature of the GT500's and they'll upgrade to the new one when they can. Many skipped the GT350 cycle all together. Remember, they sold something like 40,000 of them. That's a huge market ready to upgrade. If you could afford a new 2013 6 or 7 years ago, why wouldn't you be able to afford a new one today? The economy is rockin' right now and there are tons of people with tons of money.

BillO

Established Member
I agree the price is very fair my only concern is the current owner is having a new clutch in it. It only has 13000 miles on it why would it need a new clutch unless it's had a hard life

Zemedici

Established Member
I agree the price is very fair my only concern is the current owner is having a new clutch in it. It only has 13000 miles on it why would it need a new clutch unless it's had a hard life

or he cant ****ing drive

had a hellcat with 375 miles on it that needed a clutch

efurlong

Established Member
I'd do a Carfax and an Oasis report...if they come back clean - I'd snag it at that price. I would not sell mine for that price...in fact if I had an extra 45 grand to spend, I'd buy another 2013 - 2014. I see them going up not down in value.

BillO

Established Member
Car fax is clean what is an Oasis report? Only non stock item on the car is Borlla exhaust

efurlong

Established Member
Oasis is a report that any Ford dealer can run. It'll give details of any warranty, recalls, or repair work.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I think that if everything checks out on the car you really can't get hurt at that price and miles. Like most others have said, the new one is going to be out of price range for many and it might make the older cars look really good.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Good mods, Borla is top shelf and depending on type of clutch, it’s not a negative.
I definitely would get the VIN and talk to a local Ford dealer. They will run a free OASIS report showing all dealer interactions with the car.
The ‘13-14 May have a small bit of depreciation left, but it’s the last of its kind and still very relevant in performance. I don’t see them appreciating yet, but it’s a safe bet they’re a solid car to enjoy and not lose much.
I’m a buyer with the 2020 (but not selling my 2014). Still, it is a different type of car and very different price range, so I don’t think it’ll affect the ‘13-14 Trinity cars much. I do think you’ll see many sellingfor an upgrade and the market should be hot for guys that want a GT500 but can’t afford the 2020 and going Trinity.
As always, but what you want and don’t think of cars as an investment!
-J

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Regardless of price I absolutely see current owners selling to get into the next latest and greatest. They’ve waited long enough. Also, even if the new gt500 is selling for 80k, can trade in your current gt500 and finance the rest.
If that new owner is lucky enough they can get into a new one drive it for 2 years and resell for minimal loss if any. Saw it happen with gt350R owners, although they won’t admit how much adm they paid.

I’d look in forums and locally op. Owners always change their mind when something new comes along.

BillO

Established Member
Does anyone have the ability to run an Oasis Report?
1ZVBP8JZ7E5235695

Thank you
Bill

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Plenty of people like the Blvd Bruiser nature of the GT500's and they'll upgrade to the new one.
If you could afford a new 2013 6 or 7 years ago, why wouldn't you be able to afford a new one today? The economy is rockin' right now and there are tons of people with tons of money.
" I " don't see the 2020 as a blvd. anything, & Ford is doing it's best to pitch it's track features..................For " Me " it has nothing to do with $$$$$$, and everything to do with the S550 platform..which I rejected in 2013 in favor of a 2014 GT500..

Users who are viewing this thread