• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

2014 gt500 gen 2 shifter

Discussion in 'MGW Shifters' started by HighTorque, Sep 9, 2015.

1. HighTorque

HighTorque Member Established Member

I had a few questions regarding the shifter i ordered.

I ordered my shifter 8/20 and received it yesterday which is a great turn around. I watched your install video a dozen times and noticed that my shifter seems taller than the one in the video in regards to the arm the shifetr ball mounts to.

Also my shifetr came with a note that informed me the race bushing is no longer included with the shifter because the street one is better. Which is not a big deal but would have been good to know before i ordered.

I noticed in the video a comment was made about a longer shifter would be availible but i was not given that option when i ordered and would rather have the short one. The product is top quality and am excited to install i appreciate your input on my concerns.

2. Tob

Tob Salut! Staff Member Super Moderator

I believe George made a run of 1/2" longer "handles" that are on the shelf for anyone that prefers a little more leverage. Yours should have come with the standard one.

3. HighTorque

George responded via email very quickly and informed me that based on customer feedback all handles are now 1/2" longer than before and they offer a handle that is 1/2" longer still for an overall 1" longer than the orginal handle. He also explained that the race bushing was actually working against the shifter which was hurting performance. Overall i feel like i got the gen 2 2.0 which i dont mind now that i am aware why the changes were made. The shifter looks and feels great and i will be installing this weekend.

4. black99lightnin

black99lightnin move along Established Member

What factory shift knobs fit the thread pattern? I'm thinking I'd like to try an 03/04 knob or the stock 07-09 knob. But not sure of the thread pitch and sizing. Suggestions? I just went on the site and they show an 07-09 handle. I've emailed George.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  5. black99lightnin

Ended up ordering one of each 07-09 1/2" longer and 10-14 1/2" longer. Cheap enough, as I like the car, just hate the trans. Tob, you have an extra stock knob for 07-09 you want to sell?

6. black99lightnin

my order has shipped. I'll let you know the results. With the shorter shaft I still have troubles with 2nd, not as bad, but still present. I think more leverage will be the key.

7. HighTorque

1/2" longer than orginal length? Or will it be 1" longer overall after the revised height?

8. Fast Ford

Fast Ford Active Member Established Member

I have one if Tob doesn't. $45.00 shipping and fees not included.