2014 GT500 changes

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
At the request of some members I wanted to share changes I am doing this winter.

1. Before winter (last picture) 2. Painted calipers, paint correction, ceramic coating, window tint, dark gray metallic pinstripes 3. New Ford Racing mufflers and Eiback Pro Kit springs and BMR panhard bar 4. Newly cut wheels before mounting R888s

The only things left are to mount the wheels/tires when delivered next week at some point, PPF, install BMR LCA and relocation brackets. And last but far from least swapping out all of the exterior plastic parts for carbon fiber (upper and lower front grills, front chin splitter, side rocker panel splitters, rear splitters, rear diffuser, trunk spoiler gurney flap, license plate surround). That should be all for now...probably nothing else to report until later next week. Does not seem like much but it has been a long last several months doing research, ordering parts, coordinating things between mechanic and detailer and vinyl shop, etc...happy to be on the home stretch now...spring cannot come quickly enough!

I want to thank each and every one of you who has given me extremely valuable feedback, shared knowledge and experience and intel, and encouraged and discouraged many of the options I was struggling with. Much appreciated
IMG_0057.jpg
IMG_0873.jpeg
IMG_0833.jpeg
IMG_0048.JPG
IMG_0047.JPG
IMG_0014.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
Looks great. How do you like the FRPP exhaust? Vs stock?

Thanks man. So far it sounds awesome. Stock sounded great too but this sounds throatier and louder at startup, yet not at all too much. Have not had a chance to drive it yet since it is still getting worked on but I will post more about the exhaust and suspension changes when I get it back.

Dinosgt

Established Member
Thanks man. So far it sounds awesome. Stock sounded great too but this sounds throatier and louder at startup, yet not at all too much. Have not had a chance to drive it yet since it is still getting worked on but I will post more about the exhaust and suspension changes when I get it back.

How much decal popping do you get? Some like it; some don’t. I’m in the latter camp. The stockers seem to control that better than the aftermarket does... curious about the ford stuff.

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
How much decal popping do you get? Some like it; some don’t. I’m in the latter camp. The stockers seem to control that better than the aftermarket does... curious about the ford stuff.

I am not sure yet- I have only heard it with the car starting up and at idle- I have not driven it yet because it is still at the shops getting worked on. Will be sure to post up feedback when I get it back and have a chance to drive it.

MastaAce03

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread