2014 GT underhood liner

01GTB

Established Member
A friend of mine just bought a 2014 GT a couple of weeks ago. His underhood liner is completely closed off where the heat extractors are. They are not all like this now are they? It has no hole whatsoever.

image.jpg

tophand

Established Member
Dremel that thing. Take the liner off via those pop clips. Easy day

01GTB

Established Member
Cutting it out would be easy enough. But I think they just put the wrong one in and Ford should probably give him the correct one. Just wanted to make sure this wasn't something new for late-14 cars before he takes it in.

motoman620

Established Member
As stated above looks like the wrong hood liner was installed, kinda defeats the purpose of the heat extractors if they are covered. Tell your friend to take it back to the dealer and get the correct one.

Snapp

Established Member
Cutting it out would be easy enough. But I think they just put the wrong one in and Ford should probably give him the correct one. Just wanted to make sure this wasn't something new for late-14 cars before he takes it in.

I have a late 14 model and it has the slit for the heat to escape. I would take it to Ford and they should replace it no questions asked.

-Kyle

01GTB

Established Member
Local Ford dealer told him it was part of a package that he did not have :lol: I have contacted Deysha at Ford customer service. Hopefully she can get this resolved from him.

clean92lx

Established Member
Local Ford dealer told him it was part of a package that he did not have :lol: I have contacted Deysha at Ford customer service. Hopefully she can get this resolved from him.

Just goes to show you how stupid dealers really are.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just goes to show you how stupid dealers really are.

Quick question...not trying to hijack the thread... but, what package does the rear view camera come standard on, on the 2014 Ford Transit Wagon?

clean92lx

Established Member
Quick question...not trying to hijack the thread... but, what package does the rear view camera come standard on, on the 2014 Ford Transit Wagon?

If it comes standard, then I guess all of them. What's your point?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread