2014 GT Paxton

phils04gt

Established Member
Took the car out to the track last night; had great weather. Car is a 6spd with Paxton kit, JLT, ID1000s and Mickey Thompson 275-60-15. Finally figured out how to launch the car (somewhat) on the last pass of the night. I had to really heat up the MTs to get them to hook well. I tried a few different ways to launch. Didn't want to completely drop the clutch so I left around 4k and once I felt the tires begin to grab, I put the wood to the floor. Fun!

60ft - 1.71
1/8 - 7.3 @ 102
1/4 - 11.2 @ 127

I can't wait to get out there again and get me a 10 second slip.

I will try and get a video up.

th_Phil.jpg

Last edited:

phils04gt

Established Member
Yes, I am running MT drag radials(18psi). I am not too sure what PSI that car is making, no gauge. I am thinking it should be around 7-9PSI. I am using the pulley that comes with the Paxton kit.

KBLEO

Established Member
Good run. Looks like you have a bit more in it, if you can keep it from spinning off the line. What kind of dyno numbers are you making to run that trap speed?

95gts5oh

wat
Established Member
Nice times, DR's on a manual can be tricky. I have to slip mine at 3k to completely hook with the same tires and I don't make near the power you do. Car is moving for sure!

bizaarmatt

Established Member
Awsome! I've got a very similiar setup to you, same exact trap speeds, and my best was 7.9/11.7. I've not had a chance to go back to the track after learning how to drive the car! I do pretty much the same as you said now. You still have the stock clutch?

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
nice run

Awesome mile an hour u should try the drag radials at 15 psi I wouldn't go any lower its still a steel belted tire and has a hard sidewall. Good run keep at it.

Users who are viewing this thread